Chapter 12- Percy

Percy

There was usually pros and cons about everything. The case was same for Hogwarts.

The upsides consisted mainly of the food. Ever since Percy had found out that House Elves made their food, he'd been restless until Hermione finally took him down to the kitchens. Percy had mainly gone to give his 'compliments to the chefs', but was greeted with a pleasant surprise when he saw hundreds of huge tennis ball-like eyes peering at them when he entered.

Hermione had been quite happy when he had interacted with the houselves and talked and chatted with them. She'd given him a S.P.E.W. batch which Harry and Ron had later called 'the mark of being Hermione's true friend'. Percy had wanted to stay for more time in the kitchens, but Hermione had decided that he'd had enough once he started telling them what a Double Cheeseburger and Diet Coke was.

This, of course, had happened in the weekend after the first week of school. In the first week, many good things and bad things had happened. After food, the other good things were the comfortable beds and cushy armchairs, but also the fact that Percy had officially been selected in the little group that the Gryffindors had.

There were, the bad things, of course, over the week, or as they were generally called, the cons. Those mainly consisted of Percy staying back in the dormitory a little while longer just to look at his picture with Annabeth, which had been taken after the Giant War, or the one of his mom's wedding with Paul, where he'd been the best man. They were also moments when Percy opened up his bags and threw all his clothes out just to look at the CHB T Shirt right at the bottom of the trunk, hidden. Next to it a bag of gold Drachmas were kept, and Percy removed them to examine them, as if he had forgotten what they were.

These were the general 'I'm missing my family and friends' homesick moments, but more specifically, the week did have bad and annoying things.

The first happened on the first school day, after Percy had had a really good night's sleep in the beds at Hogwarts. He had woken up slightly late and had stumbled around to get ready. In the rush, had walked into The Great Hall, adjusting his tie, his hair looking slightly dishevelled and messy. But then again, his hair was always messy.

As he was sitting in his seat and had grabbed a piece of bacon, he heard a giggle. Not a 'I'm trying to suppress a laugh' giggle, but a schoolgirl giggle. As he turned his head around for the source, he finally saw a girl, who looked around sixteen, looking straight at him and giggling.

For a moment, Percy felt self conscious, as if she were laughing at his hairstyle or something equally ridiculous. But then, the girl winked at him and turned around, continuing to eat her breakfast and talking to her friends.

Percy felt slightly annoyed by that as he had a girlfriend, and the wink had revealed why she had giggled. When he turned around, he saw Ron grinning at him like a maniac.

"She's really pretty."

"No thanks," Percy said nonchalantly. "I have a girlfriend."

Everyone's head nearby in the table turned, and he could've sworn he heard a 'darn it' from someone.

Ron bent forward and asked, "Name and description please?"

"Uh," Percy said, feeling conscious of everyone's gaze. " Her name is Annabeth. Blonde hair, gray eyes. Really pretty. Very smart. As in, Hermione smart."

"Impressive. " Ron said.

Percy mumbled something in response.

Ron laughed, and then slowly the topic thankfully changed.

____________________________________

The other unfortunate events consisted of his lessons. While he was learning considerably fast, he didn't like sitting with the first years.