Chapter 14-Percy

Disclaimer: It will be confusing if you haven't read The Blood of Olympus yet. And there are spoilers in a paragraph of my authors note.
___________________________________________________________________
Percy

Nobody at Hogwarts slept that night. It was too much of a buzz.

The Triwizard Tournament. The Triwizard Tournament.

It was said to have had been held every four years, alternating between the three most famous wizarding schools of Europe, but had been discontinued due to too many deaths. It had been reinstated four years ago, but after the death of Cedric Diggory and the return of Voldemort, nobody had even thought about bringing it back.

But then here they were, four years later, Voldemort dead this time. Harry, Ron and Hermione had explained what exactly had happened, but were bitter at the memory of the Tournament.

"Harry, are you trying out this year?" A first year asked. "You don't even have to cheat this time! You're seventeen!"

"No San," he told the first year very tightly. "I'm not trying out for the tournament this year either."

Professor McGonagall had said that the rules would be exactly the same as last year, except that the judges' panel would change slightly. The Durmstrang and Beaxbaton students would be arriving on Halloween.

"I expect you to be on your best behaviour," Professor McGonagall had explained, "If even a single student messes up, the consequences will be bad. The first Quidditch match will be next week. All permission slips for booking the Quidditch pitch will come to me. Goodnight."

Eveybody had gone to bed in a compete daze, wondering how the Tournament was going to be this year. Percy hadn't slept at all, not being able to comprehend what was happening.

Finally, he decided to take a walk. He quietly crept out of bed and got dressed silently, taking his wand, but he also put his hand inside his pocket to make sure Riptide was there.

He tiptoed out of the Griffindor Common Room into the corridor. He want sure what he was doing though, since Filch was prowling about in the corridors and would catch him anytime. He walked around the third floor corridor, getting a bad feeling about it.

There was a door there. And something was compelling him to open it.

Open it, brave child. The voice in his head seemed to say. Let's see if you have enough courage.

That settled it. If a voice in his head was accusing him of being a coward, he was definitely going to show it up. Knowing that what he was doing was stupid, he removed Riptide to open the lock manually.

Suddenly there was a noise. Footsteps.

"Where, my sweet?" Filch. "Tell me. Yes, I see it, the faint light. From bronze. Either Peeves has put a suit of armour there, or there is a student out of bed."

Percy panicked. Filch was going to catch him any second now. He walked backwards and stumbled into something. Someone. Suddenly there was a yell, and a cloth was draped around him.

Percy turned to see the person next to him. Harry.

"Are you nuts? Going out of bed without any protection? Filch would've killed you!"

Percy just stared at him dumbly. Then he noticed the huge cloak draped around him. The famed Invisibility Cloak.

They both waited for Filch to go away to another part of the castle, and after fifteen minutes did they speak again.

"Thanks." Percy said, removing the cloak from around him.

"What are you doing? Ron and I saw you leave!"