7.6

Saturday the 14th of December 2019

Heartbreak and heartache are the two words that I would use to describe the last week. Heartbreak due to the fact that Luke broke up with me and heartache due to the fact that Jordan had been diagnosed with stage three brain cancer.

'Hey little man, do you want something to eat or drink?' I asked him as I sat on the couch in his hospital room, Jordan just shaking his head as he lay there, connected to all types of tubes and god knows what.

On Monday Jordan and I had been taking Lulu for a walk when he suddenly collapsed on the sidewalk, prompting me to call an ambulance straight away and take him to hospital, where he has been ever since.

On Wednesday we got the news that Jordan has cancer and they needed to start chemotherapy straight away to get it under control since it had been untreated for so long.

'How about some doughnuts from the place down the street you like?' I asked, trying to do anything to get him to cheer up. My parents were currently at work, trying to catch up on all the work that they had missed in the last couple of days and Ashton was at home packing, wanting to get it out of the way so he could spend more time with Jordan before he left for England next Monday.

'Okay,' Jordan said, finally giving in and I just smiled as I stood up and kissed the top of his head, muttering a soft 'I love you' before I took my purse and left to grab the doughnuts for the both of us.

It was really hard seeing him like this. His hair was starting to think, which happened a lot quicker than anybody wanted it to. He no longer had the golden smile on his face, instead, it seemed like a forced smile that no five-year-old should have to endure, especially my little Jordan.

I quickly made my way to the doughnut shop, trying to beat the Sydney summer heat which seemed to be sticking around for the long run.

'Ah fuck sorry,' I said as I walked out of the stall, bumping into a muscly frame which I recognised instantly. 'Luke.'

'Hey Sienna, what are you doing here?' Luke asked and I just rolled my eyes at him as I began to walk away.

'You damn well know what I'm doing here,' I called back to him, the sound of his feet running after me.

'Stop stop,' Luke said gently as he gently touched my arm and I snapped around, a frown on my face. 'How is Jordan?'

'He is cancer Luke, how do you think he is?' I scoffed, Luke wincing at my harsh words.

'I'm sorry Sienna, I know how hard this is for you.'

'Thanks, Luke but I really should be going now. The doughnuts are getting cold,' I said as I began to walk off, Luke still following me.

'Can I see him?'

'What?'

'Can I please come and see Jordan with you,' Luke said slowly, a pleading look on his face.

'I think that would just confuse him even more, he knows that we are no longer together,' I said as we began to approach the hospital, Luke still following me all the way to the entrance.

'Please Sienna,' Luke half begged, causing me to raise an eyebrow at him. 'Fine, I am here for Ashton then or have you forgotten that Ashton and I are best friends.'

'Fine, follow me,' I mumbled and Luke just nodded as we walked back inside the children's hospital and into the lift which took us to the fifth floor in complete silence before Luke followed me out of the lift and down the hallway to Jordan's room.

'Just please don't say anything about him being sick, he is still Jordan and he still needs to be treated like a normal kid,' I said softly outside Jordan's hospital room, Luke giving me a quick nod in response before we walked into Jordan's room to find him watching the original 'Lion King' on television.

'Hey Jordy, want a doughnut?' I asked and he just nodded before he noticed that Luke was also in the room, taking the cinnamon doughnut out of my hand whilst keeping his eyes on Luke.

'Hey bud, I was just around and thought I would come say hey,' Luke said with a smile as he sat down at the chair left of Jordan's bed, a huge grin cracking on Jordan's face. He always loved Luke, and Luke loved him, which is why it's so hard to see this interaction occur.

'Hey Luke!' Jordan exclaimed, a smile cracking onto my face as I lay down on the couch that was basically my second bed at the moment. 'Do you want a doughnut?' he asked and Luke just shook his head, Jordan letting out a dramatic sigh which made me giggle slightly.

'Sissy give him a doughnut,' Jordan said and I just shook my head knowing that Luke did not want one.

'He doesn't want one Jordy.'

'Yeah but I have a doughnut and you have a doughnut so Luke should have one too,' Jordan protested and I just let out a small laugh at his words, things almost feeling slightly normal again.

'Alright I'll have a doughnut, just for you buddy,' Luke said as he walked over to me and I carefully handed him a doughnut, avoiding almost eye contact with him.

'Yay! Now we are the doughnut group,' Jordan said with a grin before he started to eat his doughnut quickly as we all decided to watch 'The Lion King,' Jordan including his ridiculous commentary every five seconds.

After a while there was a knock at the door and his favourite nurse, Jenny, had appeared with a silver tray of medication for him.

'Hello sweetheart, it's time for your medication,' Jenny said and the whole atmosphere in the room changed. Jordan was no longer happy and I was no longer relaxed and Luke looked extremely uncomfortable, it was all wrong.

'Do you want me to stay Jordan?' I asked softly and he just shook my head, taking that was my queue for Luke and I to leave. 'Alright I'll just be outside if you need me.'

'Bye little man,' Luke said softly as he went over to Jordan and pulled his fragile frame into a tight hug, almost making me cry at the sight of my ex-boyfriend and little brother embracing for possibly the last time for a very long time.

'Bye Luke,' Jordan said sweetly and the two of us walked out of the room, Luke closing the door gently behind him.

'Are you okay?' Luke asked and I just shrugged my shoulders, knowing that if I actually articulated my feelings, I would start balling my eyes out.

'It sucks,' is all I decided to say, Luke having no right to know how I feel anymore.

'Sienna you can talk to me about this stuff,' he said and I just shook my head, tears threatening to spill from my eyes.

'I don't want to talk to you about anything Luke, ever again,' I said, my bottom lip starting to shake as I began to cry, the first time I had cried since hearing the news about my little brother, the most pure boy in the world, who did not deserve this at all.

'Fuck Sienna, come here,' Luke said pulling me into a hug and not letting go, things starting to feel slightly okay once more, even if they were not.

A/N

bruh

This chapter is gonna play an important part in the sequel, especially in Sienna and Luke's relationship which is currently nonexistent

anyways thanks for reading and thank you for 5k+ reads!!! Love u guys!!! Only one more chapter to go XOXOX