4.1

Tuesday the 15th of June 2019

"So, did you and Max like date?" Milly asked with a mouthful of pasta.

"No," I said shaking my head. It was currently lunchtime and I was being interrogated by my friends about Max and myself.

"Then what were you?" Issy asked and I shrugged my shoulders, as I was never really sure how to define my relationship with Max.

It was probably classified as 'seeing each other' but we never slept together, and there was never any ever hint of a relationship starting between us.

"I have no idea, we were seeing each other I guess," I said, avoiding eye contact with everybody around our usual table.

"What happened?" Shawn asked quietly from across the table, and I sighed, as I never wanted to go into what happened ever again, and they knew that.

"Mind your own business Shawn," I snapped, before grabbing my lunch and laptop, heading straight to the library because I could honestly not bare to talk about this anymore. I knew that I should have not stormed off like that, and I knew that I needed to tell them what happened, but I only just couldn't.

"Fancy finding you here," Ashton said as he sat down next to me.

"Oh hey," I said opening my laptop so I could begin working on my latest economics assignment that I had been given.

"What are you doing in here?" Ashton asked and I gestured towards my laptop.

"Thought I should get a kick start on my assignment," I said, which was half true. "What are you doing in here?"

"Helping Isla with her music assignment," he said with a grin when I noticed Isla sitting in the corner of the library, her eyebrows furrowed with a confused look on her face. "Thought I would come to say hey, but by the look on her face, she definitely needs my help."

"Alright, I will see you after school Ash."

"Have fun with your assignment."

I sent him a small smile as I began on my assignment when Luke sat down across from me.

"So I have some news."

"What is your news, Hemmings?" I said, shutting my laptop as I knew now that I was not going to get any work done today.

"I have been given early acceptance into The University of Sydney," he said with a grin, and I immediately gasped with happiness, as I knew that he was holding out for that, along with Oxford.

"That's amazing! I am so proud of you!" I exclaimed, leaning over the table to give him a quick kiss on the lips before anybody else could see. "Congratulations Luke."

"Thanks, gorgeous," Luke said with a smile, his tie hanging loose around his neck. "I still have time to decide where I want to go though."

"When do you have to make a decision by?"

"December, so I really have ages."

"Still set on Oxford?" I asked and Luke shrugged his shoulders.

"Not entirely."