5.6

Tuesday the 13th of August 2019

'How was your exam?' Luke asked me as I walked out of the French room after sitting through three hours of hell.

We were in the middle of Year Eleven exams, my first one being French today, with Economics tomorrow, English on Thursday and History on Friday.

'It was okay, I feel like I messed up on my extended response,' I sighed, quickly fixing my hair before I placed my French books back in my locker.

'I'm sure you didn't,' Luke said with a supportive smile and I nodded as I shoved the rest of my stuff into my schoolbag, now waiting for Ashton to finish whatever class he had so he could take me home and I could go to Netball training.

'Why are you still here?' I asked Luke as we went into the library, both of us having large amounts of study to do. 'Don't you have a free at the end of the day?' I asked and he nodded.

'Wanted to see my girl after her exam,' he smiled. 

My girl. I love it when he calls me that.

'I also need to finish my chemistry assignment before I go to football training and I knew that I wasn't going to do anything at home,' he added with a grin as I rolled my eyes at him whilst I pulled out my Economics notes.

'Here I was thinking that you actually wanted to spend time with me,' I said sarcastically and Luke just rolled his eyes at me, his favourite form of communication with me when I was being sarcastic with him.

'Please Si, you know that I always want to spend time with you,' Luke said gently and I just smiled at him, before we both got stuck into the works we had to do, before Ashton finally finished school, taking me home whilst Luke stayed in the library to finish his chemistry assignment.

'I'll pick you up once I've finished training, or you can walk over to the club if you like?' Ashton suggested.

'I'll walk over, shouldn't take too long,' I said before thanking him for dropping me off, quickly jogging over to the courts to begin warming up with the rest of the team.

The training was intense, more intense than usual. Finals were coming up and we were sitting second on the ladder, meaning that if we won our first final, we would go straight through to the preliminary final.

'Hell that was actually rough,' Izzy laughed as we both walked over to the football club, as she was taking Jack home.

'I know, I'm not sure if my legs are actually going to function tomorrow,' I said as I held my socks sneakers in my hand, my now bare feet feeling cool against the mix of grass and pavement.

'Sorry sir I can not attend my exams for the rest of the week due to an insanely hard netball training,' Isabel said with a laugh and I giggled whilst I nodded in agreement, both of us trudging along until we finally made it to the club, the boys still out on the oval training.

'Fuck how are they still going? We literally finished twenty minutes ago and they are supposed to finish around the same time as us?' I said as we sat down in the clubrooms, Izzy shrugging her shoulders before she went to the bar to get us some water.

'I don't know, I'm fairly sure their coach is insane,' Izzy said as she sat back down next to me, both of us discussing our upcoming game on Friday night, along with the party on Saturday evening.

'What are you going to do?' Izzy asked out of nowhere.

'Huh?' I asked, confused as to what she was referring too.

'About Luke, when he leaves for London, what are you going to do?' Izzy asked and I sighed because I truly had no idea.

'I don't know, I don't want things to end between us, but I feel like they might.'

'Why though? You two are both happy with each other, yeah?' Izzy asked and I nodded because that was the truth. Apart from what happened between the two of when Luke went to England, Luke and I have always been fine.

'Yeah but I don't want to hold him back,' I sighed as we watched the boys head into their changerooms. 'I love him so much, I don't want him to feel like he has any obligations back home when he is in London.'

'I think you two both love each other way too much for you two to end things,' Izzy said with a gentle smile.

'What would you do?' I asked as I slipped my socks and shoes back on. 'If Jack decided to move overseas and you wanted to stay here, what would you do?'

'I would stay with him. I don't think Jack would want to break up with me anyway, we have been together way too long for something like him moving overseas to study to end us.'

Isabel did have a point, her and Jack had been together since their first year of high school together, which was about five years.

'Would you go with him? If you could?' I questioned.

'Possibly but as much as I love Jack, I wouldn't go to a University overseas to study purely for the reason that my boyfriend was there too.'

'True.'

'But what I'm trying to say is don't break up with Luke. I've known him for a long time and this is the first time any of us have seen up this head over heels for someone,' Izzy said with a smile as we walked outside, waiting for Ashton, Luke and Jack to emerge from the change rooms.

'Thanks Izzy, you're the best,' I said pulling her into a quick side hug, a grin appearing on her face.

'I know, no need to tell me twice,' she laughed as I rolled my eyes at her, the boys finally emerging from their change rooms.

'Oh hey,' Luke said swinging a sweaty arm around my shoulder, causing me to push it off straight away.

'Gross you're all sweaty,' I laughed and he just rolled his eyes as the five of us walked to the carpark together.

'So are you,' he laughed and I just rolled my eyes at him as he kissed the side of my head gently, which was his favourite form of affection when we were in public.

'I'll see you two at school tomorrow,' I said to Jack and Izzy who were climbing into Jack's battered blue four wheel drive.

'See ya later Si,' Jack said with a smile as Izzy gave me a quick wave. Ashton decided that he was going to pick up Isla for dinner, meaning I was left with Luke.

The car ride was full of awkward small talk, which was on my behalf, because I had one single burning question for him that I so desperately wanted to ask but I couldn't.

'Are you going to break up with me when you leave for London?' I blurted out as we pulled up in Luke's driveway, the light from my family's kitchen window omitting a soft glow onto the front of Luke's car.

'What? No,' Luke said as if the even thought of the idea disgusted him. 'Does this have anything to do with what happened between us a couple of weeks ago?'

'No... yes... I don't know,' I sighed, running a hand through my hair. 'I'm just scared, I don't want to break up with you Luke.'

'Sienna we have had this discussion, I'm not breaking up with you when I leave. So the only way this,' he said gesturing to us. 'Will he over, is if you decide to break up with me.'

'I don't want to hold you back though. I don't want you to feel homesick because of me and not reach your full potential.'

'Sienna having you back home is going to push me to reach my full potential, trust me baby, I'm not going anywhere.'

A/N

A wild ride tbh

Also this story has like twenty chapters left lol sad BUT I'm doing a sequel which is gonna have about 32 chapters yayyyy

Thanks for reading guys love u XX