0.6

26th of January 2019

"Sienna, we are leaving in five minutes," Ashton called out to me, earning a groan from me.

"Do I have to come?" I asked and I heard Ashton let out a loud sigh from his room, ten seconds later he was standing in my door frame, decked out head to toe in Australia Day attire.

"Harry invited you, so yes it would be rude if you did not go."

To be honest, I would love to do something for Australia Day, since I had been doing nothing for the past three weeks, but I am currently ignoring Luke due to what happened on New Years. I have been dodging his calls and messages and making sure to be in my room when he came over to visit Ashton. I don't have any right to be angry at him, but my unwarranted feelings have been making me act petty towards Luke.

"Fine," I mumbled, earning a satisfied smile from Ashton who left me to rummage through my wardrobe, trying to find something to wear today. I ended up finding an old Australian flag bikini that was most definitely too small for me, but I put it on anyway since I did not have anything else to wear. 

Fifteen minutes later I found myself in the back of an Uber with Ashton, on our way to Harry's house, the weather ridiculously warm, but it suited the occasion anyway.

"Who is going to be there?" I asked, praying that he wouldn't say Luke's name, even though I knew he was going to be there.

"Luke, Calum, Michael," Ashton began, and I found my suppressing a groan in response to Luke's name, "And Harry and his friends, and some of the girls that you have met."

"Shawn?" I asked.

"Why?" Ashton asked, his tone slightly questioning.

"Just wondering, we met on New Years and spoke for a while."

"Yeah he should be there," Ashton said and I nodded, as we finally pulled up in front of Harry's house, thanking our driver before heading inside. The house was significantly less packed than it was on New Year's Eve, yet there were still numerous people here.

"Ash, mate, come on over," a boy I recognised as Liam Payne said with a welcoming smile as I followed Ashton outside, noticing Luke playing beer pong with Calum straight away. He noticed me straight away, as he threw the ping pong ball off the table, earning a roar of laughter from Calum who had not noticed what Luke was staring out.

"Hey Sienna, how are you?" Shawn asked with a friendly smile. He handed me a cider, which I thanked him for before we went and sat by the pool, which was occupied by Olivia, Evie and Isla, along with a few other girls that I did not recognise.

"Good thanks, how are you?" I asked as we began chatting about school starting soon and how nervous I am. Shawn was pretty much doing the opposite to the subjects I was doing. Whilst he was doing English Communications, Maths Methods, Chemistry, Physics and Japenese, I was doing English Literature, Modern History, Drama, Economics and French.

"What is going on between you and Luke Hemmings?" Shawn asked after a while of small talk, and I shrugged my shoulders, as I did not have an answer for him.

"Nothing at all, we are acquaintances."

"He messaged me a couple of days after New Years, asking me if anything happened between us," Shawn said, running a hand through his tousled brown hair.