3.9

Friday the 14th of June 2019

"I can't believe we all have a bye this weekend," I said to Luke as we got ready in my room for Isla's eighteenth birthday.

"Luck of the draw I guess," Luke said with a grin as he watched me curl my hair intently, making me blush slightly from his gaze.

"Means we can all get drunk tonight," I laughed as I finished curling the last strand, Luke rolling his eyes at me.

"Sometimes I think you forget that you are sixteen."

"Yeah, and?" I questioned in a mocking tone.

"You shouldn't really be drinking at all," he said as I headed into my wardrobe to find something to wear.

"Stop being such a hypocrite," I laughed as I picked out a white top and long white pants to match, praying I didn't spill anything on my outfit for tonight.

"True, I do not have a leg to stand on," Luke laughed as I quickly got dressed and walked back out, sitting on my bed to tie up my wedges.

"Exactly," I said with a smirk and Luke just rolled his eyes at me before he sat down on the other side of me, a smile on his face. "What?"

"You look stunning."

"Thanks, Lukey," I said kissing his cheek, before doing up my other shoe tightly. "You look stunning too."

It was true, he did look stunning, as always. He was wearing an old Nirvana t-shirt, with ripped black jeans and black converse which were absolutely destroyed, but nobody minded because he looked that good. His hair had grown out again into its golden curls, proving that Luke could pull off any look that he wanted to.

"We really are young for opposites attract tonight hey?" Luke questioned with a laugh and I nodded in agreement, as it was true, not that either of us minded. Luke has his own personal style and I have mine, and it works for both of us.

"I think we always look good together," I said sincerely as we stood in my full-length mirror together, Luke taking a bunch of photos of us, posting one to his Instagram story.

"Well duh, we are the most attractive couple at Norwest for a reason."

"Oh fuck off," I laughed picking up my phone and bag, Luke grabbing Isla's present that we got her. "You're such an idiot."

"Hey! You love me," Luke protested as we walked down the stairs, and I rolled my eyes, even though I knew it was true.

"Yes I do," I said with a grin, stopping dead on my tracks when I saw someone in our house that was not supposed to be there. "What the fuck are you doing here Max?"

"Surprised to see me hey?" Max said with his trademark sinister grin, Ashton stepping in before I could say anything else.

"Max is staying here for a couple of months," Ashton said with a huge grin, as Max is his best friend from Adelaide, a year older than Ashton, and two years older than me.

"Why?" I snapped, not wanting anything to do with the brown-haired boy standing in our living room.

"Gap year, thought my two favourite people might want to see me," Max smirked and I rolled my eyes, linking hands with Luke so maybe his dim mins would get the picture. He didn't.