Chapter 123

Chapter 124

BRANDON'S POV

I rushed over to Camryn and Chris' apartment, banging on the door.

Chris opened the door and his eyes widened we saw me. He tried to close the door but I stuck my foot out. I grabbed him by his shirt and pushed him back until he hit a wall. I pinned him against the wall and got in his face.

"B-Brand-"

"Shut the fuck up." I growled, slamming him against the wall. "My daughter showed up at my fucking door crying her eyes out with your son. Now, you better tell me what the fuck is going on or I'll make damn sure you never have kids again."

"I-I haven't been helping Camryn with Colton." He sighed. I slammed him against the wall and he yelped like a hurt puppy.

"I know that dip shit, why the fuck haven't you been?"

"It's personal." He mumbled.

"Personal? Personal! Oh buddy, you crossed the personal excuse line a long time ago. Now, I'm involved because you guys are too fucking immature to take care of things yourself, more or less, take care of a fucking child. Now, you better tell me what the fuck is wrong with you or pray that I don't fucking kill you. I've been put in jail before for beating guys up, I can fucking do it again Christopher. Now tell me."

"IM SCARED!"

"What?"

"I'm scared I'm going to do something wrong or fuck Colton up. I thought I was ready to be a father, but I don't think I am Brandon." I loosened my grip on him and led him over to the couch. He sat down and put his head in his hands.

"Well, you love Colton, right?"

"Of course! He's my son, he's a part of me."

"Even though he was unplanned?"

"Yes!"

"Then you're ready to be a father Chris."

"W-What?"

"It's normal to be scared, Chris. Every first time parent is. Hell, some even skip out, but you didn't. You stayed with Camryn the whole time, you were there for your son's birth, you're ready Chris. And I can guarantee you, Camryn is just as scared as you."

"She doesn't act like it."

"Because someone has to be the strong one, and Camryn picked that roll up. I promise if you ask her, she'll admit it."

"Brandon, were you and Alex scared?"

"Hell yeah, we got in a lot of fights, but we got through them. And we went through it three more times." I laughed. "You'll start to get the hang of it, but to do that, you have to try to get over your fear."

"Thanks Brandon." He smiled.

"No problem. Now, I'm going to send Camryn back over here and I want you too to work this out and I don't want Camryn showing up at my door, in tears, with Colton again, got it?"

"Got it."

CAMRYN'S POV

I walked into my apartment to see Chris sitting on the couch. He heard the door open and turned to look at me.

"Colton fell asleep. I'm going to go put him to bed then I'll be back to talk." I said and he nodded. I placed Colton in the bassinet and went back to the living room.

"So?"

"Truth is, I'm scared to death Camryn. Scared I'm going to fuck up somehow and screw up Colton's life."

"And you think I'm not scared? Chris, I'm terrified."

"You don't show it."

"Someone needs to be the adult, the parent, Chris. We can't both act like clueless nineteen year olds." I smirked. He nodded and I sighed. "You were great at the hospital Chris, what happened? You were holding him any chance you could get, you were getting up in the middle of the night. What happened the moment we walked through that door when you stopped helping me?"

"I realized we were all alone. In the hospital, we always had a nurse or one of our parents or someone who knew what the fuck they were doing. Once I realized we had to do this on our own, I lost it. I mentally shut down. I had no idea what to do Camryn. You seemed like you knew so I let you handle it."

"I had no idea what to do Chris. I knew the basics and that was it. If Colton got sick, I would have had a mental breakdown, Chris. I'm so fucking clueless and that's why I need you, so I don't have to be clueless alone, so we can help each other."

"I'm so sorry Camryn."

"It's okay." I sighed. "Just promise you'll start helping?"

"Promise." He said, leaning in and kissing me. "C-Can I hold him?"

"He's your son too, Chris." He got up and walked into our room. I followed him and stood in the doorway, watching as he approached Colton's bassinet.

He reached down and lifted his son up, holding him close to his chest. Chris let out a breath he had been holding in and I watched his body loosen up.

He turned to me and had the biggest smile on his face as he held his son, his flesh and blood.

***************************************

Listening to Timber- Pitbull feat. Kesha

30 COMMENTS FOR NEXT CHAPTER