Chapter 87: I'm Not Hungry

DANIELLE'S POV

When I got home, I went straight to bed, hoping it would work again. Around dinner time, my mom came up and woke me up.

"Danielle, dinner time."

"I just want to sleep, I had a bad day at school."

"Do you want to talk about it?"

"No, I just want to get this day over with."

"Okay, I'll keep some food in the fridge for you." She said and left.

BRANDON'S POV

"Where's Danielle?" I asked as I saw Alex walk back into the dining room.

"Asleep, she had a bad day at school today."

"Alex, can I see you in the kitchen?" I asked and she nodded as we walked into the kitchen. "You actually believe her bullshit?"

"Brandon-"

"No Alex. She's coming down here if she likes it or not, and she's going to eat. I'm not going to let her starve herself again and that's exactly what she's doing."

"Brandon, you don't know th-"

"Alex, all she had this morning was an apple and she didn't eat dinner yesterday, she doesn't want to eat today. For god sakes, her dinner from yesterday is still in the fucking fridge, untouched!"

"You're right Brandon. I just try to push that thought out of my head."

"I know, but we need to stay on top of this." I said, leaving the kitchen and going upstairs. I walked into Danielle's room and picked her up, throwing her over my shoulder..

"DAD! WHAT THE FUCK!" She screamed, pounding on my back.

"You're going to come sit at the table and you're going to fucking eat." I said, going down the stairs. I walked into the dining room and sat her in her chair, going over to mine and continuing to eat.

DANIELLE'S POV

I pushed my food around my plate, trying to resist from eating it. I was starving, but I can't eat. I just can't.

"Danielle, eat." My dad said.

"I-I'm not hungry."

"I don't care. You're going to eat." I sighed and put a little bit of mashed potatoes in my mouth, swallowing it.

"Can I go back up to my room now?"

"You need to eat more than that."

"Dad!"

"Danielle, just eat." My mom said. I ate a little bit more of my food, my brothers and Camryn leaving the table after they finished eating.

"Can I go now? I'm seriously full."

"Nope."

"Dad!"

"Danielle, you think I'm stupid. I know what you're doing and I'm not allowing that to happen again."

"Dad, you don't understand."

"What? Are you getting bullied again?"

"No! I just want to lose a little weight."

"First of all, you don't need to lose any weight. Second of all, if you want to lose weight then do it the healthy way, not by starving yourself. Now why do you want to lose weight?"

"I can't tell you."

"Danielle, there's no point in you trying to lose weight."

"Just forget it." I sighed, resting my head on the table.

"No, we're talking about this."

"I'm not talking to you anymore." He kept trying to talk to me but I ignored him.

"Fine. Go upstairs." He said and I nodded, running upstairs. It was already too late for me to throw up my food so I was just thankful that I only had to eat a minimal amount of food.

****

"Hey, Danielle right?" This girl named Elizabeth asked. She was one of the most popular girls in my grade, also the bitchiest. She's in a few of my classes and was one of the people who bullied me in sixth grade.

"Yeah."

"I just wanted to say I love what you've done with your hair and your clothes are really pretty."

"T-Thanks." I smiled.

"Do you want to eat with us at lunch?"

"Um, I sit with my friend and boyfriend at lunch."

"Oh yeah, you're friends with that ashes girl, aren't you?"

"Her names Ember."

"Well, your boyfriend can come but she can't."

"B-But she's my best friend."

"Danielle, hang out with us and you're instantly popular. Who needs her when you got us." She said, pointing to herself and the two girls behind her, Julia and Brianna.

"Okay, I'll see you at lunch." I smiled and they walked off.

"What was that about?" Ember asked, walking up to me.

"Oh, nothing."

"Hey babe." Skyler smiled, kisisng my cheek.

"Hey." I said.

***

"We're going to eat with Elizabeth and her friends today." I told Skyler as we walked out of the line. I didn't get food, but I stood in the line with Skyler. We walked over to Elizabeth's table and sat down.

"Hey Danielle." She smiled.

"Hi." I said. I looked over at our old table and saw Ember's eyes almost pop out of her skull. I sent her an apologetic smile before turning my attention back to Elizabeth.

***********************************************************************************************

Did Danielle make the right choice?

Listening to James Dean and Audrey Hepburn~ Sleeping With Sirens ------->

35 COMMENTS FOR NEXT CHAPTER