Chapter 38: Job Offer

BRANDON'S POV

"Come in!" I called as there was a knock at the door. I looked up from my desk as a man walked in. "Oh, hello."

"You're Brandon Biersack, correct?"

"Yes sir, take a seat. Can I help you?" I said, shaking his hand as he sat down.

"I'm Tom James, I own a practice back in Austin, Texas. I heard about your work out here and you seem pretty smart, good with kids. How would you like to come work for me?"

"You mean move out to Texas."

"That is correct. The Lonestar State, what do you think."

"I don't know Mr. James. I mean, my whole family lives here in LA, this is our home. I've got a wife and kids, I can't possibly uproot them."

"They'll love Texas! How old are you kids?"

"I have a fourteen year old daughter, eleven year old daughter and two seven year old sons."

"We have great school systems! Look, I'm prepared to give you a huge house, mansion like, right on the rocks overlooking the whole city, it's a beautiful area. I'll also offer you two, top of the line cars and triple your current salary. Just take a while to think about it. Here is six plane tickets for you and your family to fly out. I'll show you the city, your house and the practice." He said, holding out six plane tickets. I chewed my lip and grabbed them, placing them on my desk.

"Thank you Mr. James, I'll definitely think about it."

"Thank you Mr. Biersack." He said, nodding and walking out. I sighed and ran my fingers through my hair.

***

"I'M HOME!" I called, walking into the door.

"DADDY!" The boys screamed, running down.

"Hey boys." I smiled, picking them up and spinning them around, causing them to giggle. I put them back down on the ground and they ran up the stairs, nearly knocking over Camryn and Danielle.

"Hey dad." They smiled, hugging me.

"Hey girls." I said, looking up to see Alex walking over. The girls went upstairs and I hugged Alex tightly, kisisng her lips.

"So, I have some news." I said, grabbing her hands.

"What is it?" I pulled her into the living room and sat her down.

"This guy, Tom James walked into my office today. He offered me a job at his practice, and if I take it, we get a huge house that's almost mansion like, two top of the line cars and triple my salary!"

"That's great Brandon! Where is his practice." I chewed on my lip and looked down at the carpet.

"Umm...Austin."

"As in Texas?" I nodded. "Brandon, we can't move to Texas. Our life is here in Los Angeles, the kids woluld be devestated if they had to leave. What about Chris Brandon, Camryn won't want to move away from him."

"It's a really good deal Alex. I feel like I made the wrong decision with not taking the job in New York and now I'm getting a second chance."

"I just don't know Brandon."

"Look, he gave me six plane tickets for this weekend. He's going to show us the house, he's going to show me the practice and he's going to even show us around the city. Are you okay with at least flying out to see if that might change your mind?" She sighed.

"I guess." I smiled and hugged her tightly. "Can you call the kids down so we can tell them?" She nodded and walked over to the stairs, getting the kids down here. I moved over to a chair so the kids could have the couch. Alex sat on the arm next to me once all the kids were down.

"What's up?" Camryn asked.

"So, I want you to stay quiet until I finish, got it?" They nodded. "Good. I had a visitor today at my work. He told me he wanted me to go work for him. We'd get a huge house, nice cars and a lot of money."

"Take it!" Danielle exclaimed.

"There'Ds just one thing though. The job is in Austin, Texas."

"NO!" Camryn screamed. "WHAT ABOUT HANNAH AND CHRIS? I CAN'T LEAVE THEM HERE!"

"Camryn, calm down." Alex said.

"HOW CAN I FUCKING CALM DOWN WHEN YOU'RE RUINING MY FUCKING LIFE!"

"Camryn. I haven't taken the job yet, I just got the offer today. But, we are flying out to Texas for the weekend to see the house and the city. I wouldn't consider this job if I was ruining your life. If anything, I'm making it better, all of our lives. You'll make new friends, I promise."

"I fucking hate this." She mumbled, crossing her arms over her chest.

"Yeah dad, what about Ember?"

"Sydney!" The boys cried.

"Come here boys. We're not moving yet, I promise. Calm down." I said, hugging them and kisisng the top of their heads.

"Why don't you kids get washed up for dinner and we can talk about this some more, okay?" Alex said. They nodded and walked up the stairs.

"That was a mess." I sighed and Alex nodded.

"If we do end up moving, they'll get used to it." She said and I shrugged. This is going to be a lot harder then I thought.

********************************************************************************************

Should he take it or not? Why or why not?

Listening to How To Save A Life~ The Fray

30 COMMENTS FOR NEXT CHAPTER