Chapter 84: Shopping

DANIELLE'S POV

I woke up a little bit earlier the next morning to curl my hair. Once I was done and dressed, I walked down the stairs to eat breakfast.

"Danielle! That's different." My mom said, placing my plate in front of me.

"Does it look okay?"

"Yeah! You look beautiful, as always. Any special reason you decided to change up your hairstyle?"

"No. I just woke up early today so I figured I should try something different."

"Well, it looks cute." She smiled. I couldn't tell my parents the real reason. They might take it the wrong way. I finished my breakfast and walked out to the bus. I eventually got to school and walked in to see Ember.

"Ember! Hey!"

"Hey Danielle, ooh, someone's fancy." She smirked.

"Yeah, Skyler wanted to see me with curled hair."

"Hmm, well I like it."

"Yeah, I hope Skyler does." I said as we made it to my locker. I was in the process of entering my combonation when I heard a voice.

"There's my beautiful girlfriend!"

"Hey Skyler." I smiled, turning around to face him. He leaned down and kissed my lips. 

"I like your hair, I knew you would look good with curled hair. Why don't you do that more often?"

"Okay." I said.

*A Few Days Later*

I've been curling my hair for the past few days, which meant waking up earlier, but I didn't mind if it made Skyler happy.

"You know, I think if you wore a dress or a skirt, it'd match your curled hair. You looked so beautiful at the winter formal. Like, not a dress quite as fancy as the winter formal one, but just simple skirts and dresses." He said when we were at lunch.

"What's wrong with the way I dress now?" I asked, looking down at one of my grandpa's old Motley Crue shirts and a pair of skinny jeans.

"Nothing, I just think a dress or a skirt would look better with your new hair. Plus, you look so beautiful in a dress, so I just think a skirt would have the same effect, just so you don't have to wear a dress every day."

"Um, alright. I guess I'll have my mom take me shopping this weekend."

"Sounds good." He smiled, kissing my lips.

***

I got home and was thanking my lucky stars that today was a day my dad worked later. I walked into the kitchen where my mom was.

"Mom?"

"Yes Danielle?"

"Do you think you could take me shopping this weekend?"

"Of course, what for?"

"Just clothes. I think I want to change up my style a bit."

"Alright, we'll go tomorrow."

"Thanks." I smiled and skipped up the stairs.

***

"Danielle, are you sure you want that?" My mom asked as I walked out in a black high low skirt.

"Yeah, does it look bad?" I asked, running over to the mirror next to her and twirling around in it.

"No! You look wonderful! Just, you've never been the girl to go towards the skirts and dresses."

"I just want to try something different." I shrugged.

"Alright, but we're only buying a few things, okay? I don't need your dad yelling at me about this little trip." I nodded and ran back into the dressing room.

***

I went back to school on Monday, wearing my new black high-low skirt and a nice shirt to go with it.

"Danielle! Wow." Ember said as she saw me.

"You like?" I asked, twirling around.

"I-I've just never seen you in a...skirt."

"It's actually sort of comfortable." I smiled, going to my locker.

"I knew a skirt would look good on you." Skyler smiled proudly as he walked up to me.

"You like?" I asked.

"I love." He smiled, kissing my lips.

"Um, Danielle, can I see you in the bathroom?" Ember asked.

"Of course." I said, telling Skyler I would be right back and following her into the bathroom.

"You're dressing this way because he told you to?"

"Yeah."

"Danielle, don't you see? He's making you change your hair and clothes. What if he makes you change your music next?"

"We like the same music, he's not going to make me stop listening to my music."

"He's changing you Danielle."

"No, he's making me realize that the changes I'm making are for the better. I'm my own fucking person, he's not making me do anything. If I didn't want to curl my hair or wear skirts, do you think I would of done it just because my boyfriend told me?"

"Fine, nevermind." She groaned.

**************************************************************************************

Listening to Do It Now Remember It Later~ Sleeping With Sirens ------>

35 COMMENTS FOR NEXT CHAPTER