Chapter 20: Just Do It

BRANDON'S POV

We got home and the girls ran up to us.

"So?" They both asked.

"You told them?" Alex asked and I nodded, looking back at her.

"I had to." I shrugged and she groaned, walking off into the kitchen. "She's not pregnant, don't worry."

"Yes!" They cheered, running back to their rooms. I walked into the kitchen to see Alex beginning to make dinner.

"I don't know why you can't just man up and get the procedure done."

"Can we not talk about this right now?" I groaned, leaning against the island.

"Well, when are we going to talk about this?"

"Umm never."

"Brandonnn! This is important!"

"I just don't see why I have to be the one to get the surgery done."

"It's quick, easy and less expensive! It's the more logical reason for you to get it done!" I groaned and walked to my office, deciding to get some work done.

*A Week Later*

Alex isn't giving up on this vasectomy thing. She brings it up every chance she gets and she refuses to have sex with me until I get it done.

"Brandon, look what I found!" Alex exclaimed, running to me with a laptop in her arms. She sat down next to me and showed me the website.

"Look, it says that the surgery is quicker and less expensive then if I got something done. I've been reading over it and it looks really simple. We could save money on condoms and birth control and such!" Alex exclaimed, scrolling through the web page.

"Alex-"

"Just read it!" She exclaimed, shoving the laptop onto my lap. I sighed and scrolled through, skimming the page. "So, what do you think?" She asked.

"I'll think about it." She groaned and stomped off. I stood up and grabbed my keys, opening the door.

"I'LL BE BACK!" I yelled, walking out to my car. I turned it on and drove to talk to the one person I could trust. My dad. I parked in his driveway and got out, knocking on the door.

"Hey Brandon." He said with a smile.

"Hey, can we take a  walk? I need to talk to you." I said, pulling my jacket closer to my body.

"Sure." He told my mom he was leaving before walking out the door and following me down the sidewalk. "So, what's up?"

"I guess I should start from the beginning. I came home from work and Alex was worried she was pregnant so she took a test and it said positive."

"Really?"

"Yeah. hold on though. The next day we went to go see her doctor and he said she wasn't after a blood test and an ultrasound."

"So Alex isn't pregnant?"

"No, thank god she isn't. We were really worried about money and stuff. So, on the drive home, Alex brings up that I should get a vasectomy and we had this fight and now, a week later, we're still havng this fight. She brings it up every chance she gets and she even showed me this article on it today. She's even been refusing to have sex with me unless I get it done."

"What did you say?"

"At first I said no, but now I say, I'll think about it."

"Well, are you thinking about it."

"Sort of, but I really don't want to get it done. I've been talking to her about maybe geting her tubes tied or something, like Bailey had to do, but she refuses."

"You said you were worried about money, correct?"

"Yeah, bu-"

"So, a vasectomy is obviously the way to go. I mean it's a lot quicker and safer then if Alex had to get a procedure done, and it's cheaper too. If you get this done, you're out of work for 1-2 days and then you're back to normal. Alex would be in the hospital for a day or two, then she would be resting and wouldn't be able to do anything around the house for about a week, meaning you have to take about a week off of work to take care of her and the kids. Which one is the more sensible option Brandon?"

"How do you-"

"Your mother and I discussed these options after we had a miscarriage. Anyway, you're a grown man Brandon. So, I'm not going to tell you what to do. I'm agreeing with your wife on ths one, sorry bud."

****************************************************************************************

Should Brandon get it done?

30 COMMENTS FOR NEXT CHAPTER