Chapter 160

Chapter 160

ELI'S POV

I walked Sydney to class and then skipped with the team and Eddie. We went out to Mike's truck and all gathered around it. Tim pulled out a white box and started passing it around. It got to me and I realized what it was. Cigarettes. I passed them to Bryce and Cody looked at me.

"Why didn't you take one Biersack?" Cody asked.

"I can't smoke."

"Awh, is the wittle baby afwaid." Tim said in a baby voice, pulling out a lighter and lighting his.

"No, but I'd rather not be put in a hospital."

"You're not going to be put in a fucking hospital. Now take one." Bryce said, handing the box back to me.

"No!"

"Eli. Do it." Eddie urged. I sighed and grabbed one, grabbing Tim's lighter and lighting it. I put the white stick in between my lips and inhaled. I pulled it away and coughed.

"That happens on everyone's first time." Cody said. I kept going, my coughing getting worse. I dropped to my knees and clutched my throat as I felt it closing up.

"Fuck! A teacher!" The guys exclaimed and ran off. I ended up passing out in the street.

BRANDON'S POV

My phone rang and I answered it.

"Hello?"

"Get to the hospital." Alex said.

"Wait, why?"

"The school just called and told me that Eli was sent to the emergency room. Also, both of the boys skipped class again."

"God damnit, I'll be right there." I sighed, hanging up. I gathered all my stuff, cancelled the rest of my appointments and quickly drove to the hospital. I met up with Alex and hugged her tightly. I saw Eddie was sitting next to her with his head in his hand.

"I'll deal with you later mister." I said.

"The doctor wants to see us." Alex said, pointing to the doctor waiting at the nurse's desk. We walked up to him and he led us out of the waiting room and down a hallway, into a room. I assumed it was his office and we sat down in the two chairs in front of his desk. He closed the door and sat in his desk chair, setting a file on his desk.

"You two are aware that Elliot has asthma, correct?"

"Yes sir." We said, Alex gripping my hand.

"Well, he's going to be fine, he'll probably be released tomorrow if all goes well. Do you have any idea what might have caused it?"

"No, it happened while he was at school."

"Well, I would ask him but he has not woken up yet."

"Maybe Eddie knows." Alex suggested and I stood up, walking out of the office. I walked to thr waiting room and kneeled in front of Eddie.

"Eddie, what caused your brother's asthma attack?"

"I don't know, I wasn't with him."

"Bullshit, you both skipped class. With the team again, right?"

"I don't have to tell you shit."

"I'm your father and you will obey me. Come on now, it's for your brother's health. What the hell caused his asthma attack?" I asked as Alex and the doctor stood behind me.

"Nothing!"

"Edward Jakob Biersack!"

"We were smoking aright! We skipped class with the team to go smoke in the parking lot. He inhaled a few times, dropped to the ground and we all ran when we saw teachers coming."

"You left your brother when he needed you most?" Alex gasped.

"Edward! You're such a god damn fucking idiot! Your brother could've fucking died!"

"I didn't want to get in trouble."

"Well now you're in even more trouble. We'll deal with you at home." I said, standing back up and facing the doctor.

"So, your son smoked?" He asked and we nodded. "Well, that would definitely trigger it. Okay, thank you." He said, writing some things down.

"Can we go see him?" Alex asked.

"Yes you may. He just woke up." He said, giving us the room number.

"Come on." I said, dragging Eddie to his feet by the collar of his shirt. The three of us walked out of the waiting room and down a few halls to Eli's room. We walked in and he was laying in the bed with an oxygen mask on his face. Eddie sat down in a chair while Alex and I rushed over to his side.

"Elliot." Alex cried, pushing his hair out of his face.

"I'm so sorry." Eli cried.

"Eddie told us." I said, placing my hand on his shoulder.

"I never should've done it. I'm so fucking stupid."

"It was a mistake, it's okay." Alex said.

"What! I get yelled at and he get's off the hook?"

"He's in the fucking hospital Edward. When we get home, you are both grounded beyond belief, trust me. You are equally both still in so much trouble."

"Promise you'll never smoke again?" Alex asked and Eli nodded.

"I'm going to call everyone, let them know." I said.

"C-Can you call Hunter and have him tell Sydney? Eli asked.

"Of course." I said, leaving the room.

ELI'S POV

My parents and my brother were sitting in my room when Sydney burst in.

"Elliot!" She cried, hugging me tightly, sobbing into my chest. My parents stood up and left, Eddie following them. "Oh my god, what happened." She asked, gripping my face and looking into my eyes, kissing my forehead.

"I skipped class to smoke with the team in the parking lot. Because of my asthma, I can't smoke or this will happen."

"Elliot, you've changed since you joined varsity."

"No I haven't."

"Elliot, you're skipping class, smoking, trying to force our relationship to the next level when you know I'm not ready." She said and I sighed.

"I know. I-I'm sorry. I'll go back to the way I was."

"That's all I ask." She said. I pulled my oxcygen mask down and kissed her lips, quickly pulling it back up afterwards. "I love you."

"I love you too." I smiled.

*****************************************************************************************

Do you think Eli is going to change?

Listening to My Wish~ Rascal Flatts

30 COMMENTS FOR NEXT CHAPTER