"Danger Close"

Jaune immediately took back what he said about Blake's eyes being intense. He forgot just how truly intense and sometimes scary Yang's crimson eyes were.

If only the poor guy, Helio, knew.

You don't say threats, no matter how off-handed they may be, about her little sister. Unless you just want to die, that is.

Since they were leaving anyway, Ruby was pretty much ordered to go back home, leader or not.

By the time he and Blake ran into the tent, Yang already had the guy by his collar. Sun stood by, bang brothers in hand, but Jaune knew the two guards that lay unconscious on the floor was her doing. Sun just looked a little out of it.

Helio shifted uncomfortably in her grasp. The heat emanating from her did not make things any better.

Even so, he still extended an arm as a greeting. "You know, those photos the White Fang has of you don't really do you any justice. I'd say you look better in person. Don't take it from me, though. I am colorblind after all."

He smirked at the deadpan stare Yang was giving him.

"Jeez, you must want her to hit you dude." Sun added.

Helio grinned again, slightly mumbling in another language. At least, what sounded like another language.

Jaune saw Blake's ear flicker and Sun's tail sway curiously.

"Oh, so you are aware of your native tongue. For a second there I thought you were one of those faunas that completely disregard their history in lieu of appearing human with rose-colored glasses."

As Sun was the closest to her, Yang ignored the rambling and turned to him. "What did he say?"

"I didn't get too much of it. He's using Menagerie slang."

Yang stared at him curiously.

"...and I'm not from Menagerie." He explained.
He knew Yang meant no harm but it still annoyed him that pretty much every human thought all faunas came from the same place, did the same things, followed the same codes, spoke the same language..

Sighing, she turned to the only other person who was definitely Menagerian.

"Blake?"

The raven-haired girl seemed lost in thought, choosing not to answer.

Finally turning back to Helio, she glared daggers at him.

"If looks could kill right?" He chuckled.

"Listen-"

"Yang, put him down."

The brawler turned to the voice that screamed uncertainty. She challenged the thought a bit but put him down instead, letting his feet finally touch the ground.

Helio dusted off his coat, smiling at the blond before she turned her attention back to Blake. "Much appreciated."

"What's the problem?"

Feline ears flattened further down on her head.
"We're not going to do anything to him."

"Why the change of heart now?" Sun questioned.

"Oh yeah, do tell them, Blake."

Blake calmly walked over to him, eyes narrowed. "If I find out you're lying..."

"Believe me, I'm speaking the truth."

The steely-blue eyes gazing into gold only unsettled her further.