"Menagerie" Pt 2

Blake slammed the big metal ring attached to the huge set of double doors.
Yang anxiously twirled a strand of her golden hair as they waited.

The giant door slowly opened with a creak and with it an older faunas woman who looked a lot like Blake appeared behind it.
"Oh hey, sweetheart."

She opened the door wider to let them in. Blake entered the main hall with Yang eyeing down the impressive place as she followed them in. As they stopped in the middle of the hall, Kali gave her daughter a warm hug and smiled at her. "I'm glad you both made it safe."

She turned her gaze to the blonde girl beside her. "You must be Yang."

Yang stopped looking around and focused on Blake's mom, her name being said catching her attention.
"Y-yeah that's me. Yang Xiao-Long."

Sensing Yang's anxiety Blake tried to change the subject. "So what did you need to talk to me about?"

Kali smiled and waved her off.
"All of that can wait, dear. I want to hear from your friend here. Isn't she one of your teammates?"

"Yes, but-"

"Wonderful! Come now, I want to hear about your adventures." She said as she walked over to the living room and gave the couch a pat.

Yang gave Blake a look and she responded with a shrug and followed her mother to the couches.

Yang exhaled deeply and walked towards them, hoping she would make a good impression on her mom.

As they sat on the couch facing her mother, Blake sneakily grabbed Yang's hand to relax her a bit. Kali smiled at the both of the girls. Upon hearing a noise upstairs, she got up and excused herself. "Hold that thought, I'm going to see what your father is up to."

As soon as she left, Blake looked over at the nervous blonde.

"Yang.."Blake spoke softly, sitting beside her.
Yang looked back at her with the barest hint of a smile.
She continued. "You don't have to mention everything if you don't want to."

Yang squeezed her hand. "No, I want to! I don't regret anything I did and I definitely want your mom to know how much you mean to me. I just...don't know if they'll think I'm good enough to be with their daughter."

"You are to me. Don't settle for being good enough when you are beyond that, okay?"

Yang nodded as her words brought a smile to her face. "Thank you."

"Don't thank me for speaking the truth."

"Oh, and I thought I was the smooth-talker."

The girls giggled as Kali walked down the stairs to them.
"Your father is on an important call. He'll be down as soon as he can."

She sat back down on the couch, leaning forward with her hands clasped together.

"So since you and the rest of your team have been hanging around my daughter so much, tell me about yourself!"

Yang leaned forward too, propping her arms on her knees. "There isn't much to tell, really."

"I know I'm meeting you for the first time but even I can tell you're a strong woman who's anything but simple. I can also tell you've been through a lot despite your age."Kali's eyes diverted to Yang's prosthetic.