It's Not Goodbye (Prolouge to HomeSweetHome)

"Weiss! Ruby!"

"What did I say about personal space?"

Weiss gently slid Ruby away from her and failed, not able to break her iron grip.

"I can't help it! She scares me."

Ruby rapidly went back to her previous position of clinging to the heiress' side.

"I feel foolish."

"You're still hiding behind the couch with me so admit it: you're scared too."

"I am n- ...shut up, dont touch me."

It was times like this that really made them miss Yang and Blake: the bodyguard and the mediator.

As the thought went through Ruby's head, it gave her an idea.

"Yang didn't answer before so I'm gonna call my future sis-in-law."

"You realize it's even later over there, right? She's probably sleeping.."

"She'll be fineee."
_____

Yang leaned forward on the counter with her scroll to her ear. She may have been there longer than she wanted to, which explains Blake's call.

"I'll be back soon, okay?...Yeah, I love you too."

As often as he heard those words leave Yang's mouth, it was still difficult for it not to sting a bit. Not really because of the words itself, anyone could say it, but the nature of it. He could tell Blake truly meant it when she said it.

A drunken grumble left his lips.

"You know..."

Yang's voice, seemingly out of nowhere, caught his attention. It was obvious she'd heard it.

"Besides some of the things you did, I don't have a big problem with you, Sun. I came here to help you."

"I'm sure you did.." Sun growled.

"Don't you think we're getting a little, I don't know, old to be fighting over Blake?"

"Who said anything about Blake?"

"Your actions did, I didn't come here for any of that but I'm starting to lose my patience."

Sun glared at her for a moment before turning to slap the counter in front of him, an action he continued to do to get the bartender's attention.

Yang examined the card on the table, obviously fake, judging by the age and last name. It became clear how he got in here.

"I guess Neptune did know a guy."

"Look, it's getting late and frankly I think you've had enough."

It was obvious the bartender has gotten tired of him by now.

"I thought you were late hours?" Sun replied.

"Yeah, mainly for the night guards."

"And not a paying customer?" The faunas whipped his wallet out and waved it around.

The man sighed and proceeded to get another glass ready.