"Reunion"

It was mid-afternoon as the group walked down the dirt path through the town, heading towards the next thing on their list; getting Ilia home.

It was a good day, they were happy with their accomplishments and the people they helped so far.

As much as they refused payment (some of them at least), Gray's father, the baron, happily gifted them a hefty bag of Lien. For them to split amongst each other however they saw fit. The family, much like the town, wasn't extremely wealthy but they gave what they could muster up.

Their departure was bittersweet, they were glad Gray was reunited with his parents but they would truly miss the little guy. They left with plenty hugs and goodbyes, along with memories.

Gray would never forget the rag-tag huntsmen and huntress that kindly helped him find his loving parents. In fact, it only encouraged him to fulfill his dream of being a huntsman even more. He wanted to go to Beacon Academy, the school will most likely be finished with repairs and renovations by the time he was old enough, and train at the same school as his idols.

He even planned on remaking his weapon one day.

His weapon would still have a crossbow feature like his father's but some new features came to mind after meeting them.

They left Gray with a new sense of heroism and he could now say that he was proud of being a faunas.
____

A woman with dark hair, the color of the night sky peered out of the window beside her with mild interest. Her crimson eyes were nonchalant, barely blinking as she watched a man approach her from the corner of her eye.

He walked with a slight stagger, possibly an injury, as he moved closer with closed fists that showed his bruised knuckles.

A hand cooly pushed his greying hair back before he slammed his fist against the wooden table.

"Do you even care that you could've gotten your own daughter killed?"

He slammed his hand harder this time.

"Do you?!"

She stayed still, silently looking her brother in the eye.

"You send any more of your goons after my niece or any of those kids I'll-"

"You'll what Qrow?"

Qrow narrowed his eyes at her. His chest rose and fell unevenly with his rapid breaths.

She shifted in her seat and crossed her right leg over her left. "That's what I thought."

"You-"

"You and Summer were perfect for each other. Both ready to play hero without knowing what the hell you're talking about."

He squeezed his hand into a tight fist, nails piercing at his skin.

"Don't you talk about her."

"Or what, Qrow? I think we've already established that you're all bark- or should I say all squawk?"

Qrow glared daggers at her, his face almost matching his eyes.

"Sit down."

He hesitated for a moment before complying.

"I didn't send anyone after Yang."

"I saw them."

"They were there to keep an eye on her."

Qrow scoffed.

"Then why did they attack them?"

"I don't control all the bandits in the area. The men I had trail her were killed by the redhead. I had nothing to do with the ones that attacked them."