"It's Not Time To Say Goodbye"

Yang took point by a tree as her eyes switched from checking the time on her scroll to examining the camp ahead doing their daily routine.

Judging by the scattered bones sprawled across the ground, these were anti-faunas bandits.

It made her sick. They were no better than the White Fang.

The hypocrisy of treating an entire species that made a rebellion wrong by making another rebellion was not lost on her. Bloodshed will only end in more bloodshed. Hate breeds hate.

Sometimes fighting fire with fire wasn't a good idea.

Speaking of bad ideas...

Yang checked her scroll again, m
hoping her favorite faunas would come in time. Her and Sun are good assets to have in pitch black darkness. Ilia wouldn't be able to assist two blind humans and do her part by herself.

Her finger involuntarily found it's way to her lip as the gears turned in her head.

The lights were out, it was time.

As Yang readied herself, a noise interrupted the short time she had to mentally prepare. The sound was low as it roughly penetrated the air.

An alarm.

"Hey! We have a man down!"

It was dark. She couldn't see the commotion, but luckily the bandits couldn't see either. The question of "Who died" "How they died" and "How could they see a fallen bandit" ran through her mind.

Something was happening and her teammates were no where to be found.

"Neptune?" She whispered, hoping he'd be nearby. "Neptune!"

Yang heard footsteps and the sound of bandits shuffling through the dark. The lack of visibility made them topple over each other as they tried to get a hold of the situation.
"Get over here! We caught an intruder."

Her violet eyes widened, not knowing who they caught. She tried her best to strain her eyes to see but they just weren't adjusting enough. All she had to go by was sound.

The sound of boots hitting the ground reached her ears. They caught someone but the fact that they weren't searching meant they only thought there were one of them. Bandits aren't that smart.

There was scratching friction-like noise followed by a dimly lit glow of light. A torch.

It was still difficult to see but at least the torch lit up the small area around the bandit, allowing her to see part of metal bars that she could only guess was a cage. The wheels at the bottom revealed that it was a cage on the back of a caravan.

She had to get to them before they were taken. She didn't get to confirm that Gray's parents were here, but whoever they had in that cage was the priority right now.

"We caught this blonde one who admitted to messing with the electricity."

"Is that right?" A low baritone voice was heard in the dark. Yang could immediately tell it was the leader, the warchief.

The one they were debriefing the situation to. The one who gave the orders.

If he did anything to any of them, he'd be the first to go.

Yang stayed silent and crouched beside the tree. She kept a hand on it as she listened. Moving around would only get her lost or worse; walk right into the camp. She wondered where everyone was, she hated being helpless and not knowing what to do.

She needed faunas eyes.
So where the hell were they?

"Hope you didn't make any plans today, boy. You're gonna stay in that cage like the animal you are."