"Mischief"

"Well excuse me for thinking the blond party girl wasn't loyal."

"Shut up, Mercury. Blake has faunas ears, you're gonna get us caught."

"Pfft, we've been pick-pocketing unsuspecting people for years. I think I know how to be sneaky." Mercury said as he rose from his crouched position.

Emerald mirrored his actions as they shadowed the girls as ordered to make sure they were informed in case they left the island.

They watched as they entered the Belladonnas' house.

"I am so fucking bored." He groaned.

"Yeah well, it's either this or hanging around Salem and her creepy experiment with Adam. You don't want that, trust me."

"Why?"

"He gets into your head. He's not psychically there but you can almost feel him. I don't know what Salem and Doc Watts did but I'm glad I'm not the one who has to talk to him."

He shrugged. "Yeah, I guess."

"Last job Merc, you'll live. The rest is up to Neo and her guidance from Adam. Then we can go with Cinder to look for the other relic."

"I do wish I could stay and see her face when she hears his voice." A maniacal chuckle left his lips.

"Bigger fish."

"Yeah yeah yeah," Mercury said, disinterested. His dark grey eyes scanned his scroll.

"Did you even listen to what they were saying?"

"Yes! Get off my d-"

Emerald's foot touched back on the ground and she proceeded to walk away after kicking Mercury in his manhood.

"awghh...bitch..."
______

Later in the day, Ghira returned from another meeting and treated his wife to dinner for his absence. Returning from said date, they stumbled upon Blake and Yang asleep on the couch with the tv still playing.
Yang was laying on her back with Blake on her side, partially laying on top of her.

Ghira gently closed the door behind him.

"You think I should wake them up?"

"Let them stay. They'll wake up eventually..."

"..and honey?"

"Yes?"

"Do they really have to sleep in the same bed?"

"What is Blake gonna do, Ghira? Get pregnant?"

"What? No-"
They both paused as Blake squirmed around. She would definitely faceplant on the floor if she kept that up.

They looked at each other for a moment, then Ghira walked to the couch and picked up his daughter with ease. He climbed the stairs, smiling at a family photo hung on the way up. Careful not to wake her, he made his way to her room and opened the door with his foot.

He gently laid her down and looked at her. His whole world.

Both parents knew her squirming around meant she was having a nightmare. She did it as a baby. He hoped he didn't trigger any bad memories.

He passed Kali on the way to get Yang too, and a ping of guilt ran through him.

He may be an overprotective dad but he felt like he could've worded what he said to Yang better. He actually liked her, and would rather have her around than that Sun boy. Kali liked Sun but he could tell that she approved of Yang as well.