15

"Hey beautiful

"Hey beautiful." Peter smiled, wrapping his arms around me and pulling me in for a kiss. "Hey Pete." I grinned, kissing him back willingly.

"I'm hungry." I groaned on his lips, as I pulled away and rested my forehead on his. "You are always hungry." He teased, earning a light slap from me.

"You know what I really crave right now?" I hummed in delight. "Let me guess? Um, some salty chips?" He asked and I shook my head. "No a massive fry up with black pudding." I moaned in delight. "But you don't like black pudding?" He frowned, but I just shrugged. "I don't, but I really want it."

"Well I am afraid Narnia hasn't been introduced to the delights of a full English breakfast." He teased, kissing my lips gently before pulling away. "I wish they would hurry up and do so."

"Well, I can't believe how modern everything is now." Peter sighed, looking around us: seeing the pub, some small old fashioned independent shops and even a school house.

"You guys ready to get back on the road?" Sadon asked, as he came out of the pub. "We are refuelled and ready to go." Peter replied, hugging me from behind. "I have to say though Soph-" Peter whispered seductively in my ear as Sadon rounded up the horses. "All the closeness to you on the horse, has made me feel very-"

"Did you enjoy your soup?" Avice eagerly asked, as she came towards us and interrupting my frustrated husband. I smirked as I saw the disappointment on peters face, which only seemed to amuse me more. "It was delicious, thank you. I needed it to refill me."

"Now we are going to be heading back on the road." She sighed. "How I wish this could all be over." I nodded my head. "Where are we heading to now?" Peter asked, as Ulric came to us.

"We need to find the camp that has been for told of this precise moment." He replied, which made me frown. "And you know where this camp will be, right?" Ulric looked down to the ground and I breathed out a unamused laugh.

"You are kidding me?" I snapped unintentionally. "I am not riding around aimlessly to find this camp! I want to find my family and make sure they are safe."

"What, so you can go back and leave us again?" Ulric snapped back, which only made me even more mad. "We never meant to leave you! My life, why does everyone we meet always use that as an insult?"

Peter held me against him, as I cried into his chest. I didn't know what over came me, what possessed me to be rude to Ulric - all he was trying to do was help.

"Let's just get moving before they catch up with us." Sadon sighed, getting on his horse and the rest of us copied him.

As the horses trailed on, the only sound we could here, was that of the horses feet hitting the ground. Everyone was deadly quiet and I blamed myself for creating this atmosphere.

I felt awful, I had caused this tension for no reason and I had no explanation for my abrupt behaviour. I blamed it on lack of sleep, lack of rest and food. But something else seemed to affect my mood and I had no idea what it could have been - it was frustrating me, which only made me more emotional.

We traveled for ages and we stopped off in a clearing by a lake, setting up for camp and trying to get some rest. Laying down the mats we were going to sleep on, Peter had set up a fire and the rest were preparing to cook some food.

"Ulric." I mumbled, catching his attention. "I wanted to apologise. I did not mean to be so rude and abrupt." He smiled and hugged me, which shocked me at first. "It is fine. We are all tired and fed up. I want this over as much as you do, believe me."

"I know." I nodded my head. "I can imagine you want it to end as quickly too." He pulled away and looked down at me smiling. "We just all need some rest, to restart the day tomorrow." He stood up and patted my shoulder before walking away.

Leaning against the tree, Peter came over to me and sat down beside me. Putting an arm around my shoulder, he gently pulled me into him and I rested my head on his chest. He took a deep breath in and exhaled just as deeply.

"What are you thinking about?" I mumbled, closing my eyes as I awaited his reply. Peter paused for a moment, kissed my bare skin that was showing on my shoulder and rested his chin there. "I never knew how much I missed Narnia, until we came back."

"This is our home away from home." I breathed out, smiling as he kissed my skin again. "It sure is." He breathed out, making me turn my head and look up at him.

"It has all changed and I love it." I smiled, as he looked down to me. "It makes me want to stay here forever."

"Maybe we should." I frowned in disbelief of what my husband just said. "Let's think about it again, once we have found the others." I smiled and he leaned down and pressed his lips on mine.

Moving a hand to his cheek, I sat up and did not move my lips away from him. Sitting in his lap, I pulled away gently and pressed my head on his forehead.

"We should get some rest." Peter suggested, his breathing slightly rugged. I nodded my head, not finding the words after our kiss. "Lay with me?" He asked.

"Always." I grinned, snuggling into him as I closed my eyes. "Goodnight Peter." I whispered, hearing the others say goodnight to each other.

"Goodnight Soph." He kissed the side of my head and pulled me closer to him.