29

We rushed through the woodland and through the grassy fields, we knew we needed to be as far away as possible

"No one is following-" Lucy confirmed after a couple of hours of checking behind us. "We can slow down." I nodded my head, slowing the horse down.

"How far away?" Lucy asked Avice but she had no idea and neither did I. "Wait, aren't the old Cair Parvel castle ruins still there on the coast?"

"I have heard rumours of such thing, but never seen them myself," Avice replied. I looked at Lucy in excitement. "Maybe this it is." As the horse galloped through the fields, I raced off, heading closer to the coast.

We raced for an hour, our legs aching from the riding. We got closer and closer to the coast and ended up somewhere I did not think I would ever see again.

"Cair Parvel" I whispered to myself, halting the horse and immediately getting off the horse. "We are home again." Lucy grinned, as she followed after me. "The ruins haven't changed since we were all together," Lucy added and I nodded in agreement.

"I cannot believe it is real." Avice smiled, as we began to show her each part of the ruins. "I always was told this is where the most power would be and having any of the Kings and Queens of old would heighten the power of it."

"I have never heard that before" I looked at her and she smiled. "We were always told that. I guess they may have never told you." She shrugged and walked over to Lucy, the sea had been pushed further out, the land spreading where it once was. The sea was still close and Lucy and I shared fond memories of the time in the clear water.

I looked around and saw that once familiar stone slab, broken into two.

Where he sacrificed his life on the stone table.

So we could be free.

"It can't be..." I breathed out, walking over to the table, my hand brushing the hot stone as I looked at Lucy, seeing her eyes prick with tears as she too reminisced about the old times. "I had no idea this was moved here." She added, Avice walking over slowly as her eyes never left us.

"There is another prophecy we were taught." Avice spoke slowly, as we turned to her. The whole mood shifted. Her eyes were dark, not the light blue they once were. She no longer had the warm inviting face, that she once had.

"Avice?" Lucy let out a question, not sure what was happening. I felt my chest tighten as she walked closer, while Lucy and I backed away.

"That the Queen of old would return to Narnia and would bare the King or Queen - who will change Narnia for the good. That no evil would ever return under the goodness of the rule and forever in history."

We stayed quiet. Hearts racing. My necklace beaming with light.

"Avice what is happening?" Lucy asked, as she looked towards me, holding my hand as we looked around subtly to see where to turn too. We were being backed up to near the edge of the cliff.

"You don't understand, do you?" Avice frowned, annoyed we had no idea what was going on. "How you could both be so stupid?"

Silence filled our mouths as she stepped closer.

"Who was always there keeping an eye on you? Making every decision alongside you? Eating and drinking with you?" She stared to me. My heart dropped as I gripped onto Lucy hard.

"It was you" I barely breathed out. "But Mary- I-"I stuttered and Avice let out another giggle, mocking me.

"Mary was just an ordinary person- had no idea of Narnia." She smirked and I could feel my head getting dizzy. "It is easy to manipulate someone who has never stepped foot in this land."

"What did you do to them?" Lucy snapped, enough of her toying with us. Referring to Peter, Ed and Mary.

Avice frowned and shrugged.

"I do not know" she said and for some reason I believed her.

"Bullshit" Lucy snapped, and my eyes widened. "Where have they gone?" Lucy stepped forward, holding her hand to her dagger behind her back and pushing Avice back with her approach.

"I told you- I do not know." She glared to Lucy.

Lucy stepped forward and lunged at her. Swinging her dagger. Avice moved her head in seconds, the blade just scraping her cheek as Lucy let out a grunt. Avice pushing her to the ground as she stepped to the side.

"Don't play with me." She kicked the dagger away from Lucy, her leg colliding to Lucy's stomach on the floor, making her gasp out in pain, coughing and spluttering.

"Stop!" I shouted. Stepping forward as I stood infront of Lucy. "Enough!"

Avice stared at me.

"I thought we were friends?" I breathed out. Heartbroken that the one person I had trusted with my life with stabbed me in the back.

"We were never friends and if you had been smart enough, you would have seen it." She snarled. "But what about Chimera? You are some bitch slave for her? You do her dirty work for her?"

She let out a smirk and shrugged.

"You could say that..." She turned her head away from me, not for a second and turned back to me, with the same face that I had seen chase me through the forest. The one person who had been my enemy since arriving to Narnia. The woman who wanted to kill me and my baby.

"Chimera..." Lucy breathed out, standing up as she grabbed her stomach, getting her breath back. "But how?"

"I am an illusion, a fabrication of the mind and that is my power." She smirked, walking around us, grabbing a glass dagger from her back pocket. "And now it is time. It should have kicked in soon."

"What?" I began to ask but felt my whole body go limp and I slowly fell to the ground, aided by Lucy as I could hear her calling my name.

"Goodbye, Sophia..." Chimera whispered.