28

"No, get back to bed

"No, get back to bed." Avice and Lucy snapped at me, as I shook my head and got out anyways. Grabbing my cloak and sword Lucy had brought up for me a little earlier on. "No, not when Peter is in trouble." I panicked slightly.

"You are in no fit state to start fighting anyone," Lucy called after me, as Ulric and Sadon raced off ahead to get to Edmund's tent. "And that is for many reasons." She called out again, grabbing my arm gently and pulling me to turn for her. "It is not just yours and Peter's safety you have to look out for anymore."

"I cannot just sit there, while something happens Lucy." I pulled my arm back softly, trying not to seem rude. "I know what I need to do. I just need to see if he is okay first." Running into the tent, things had been knocked over, things smashed and some blood smeared on the rip on the tent.

"Sound the bell," Ulric told Avice. "Hopefully we can catch them before they get far." Avice scurried off and I looked at Lucy. "We need them back. NOW!" I shouted, almost ready to have a breakdown. "Get on your horses and disperse, I want them back."

The boys hurried off and Lucy hugged my side.

"Please go inform Aslan," I asked her, she nodded her head and walked out of the tent. I walked around, saw most of the things smashed and then something caught my eye. I saw a small vial on the floor, with some liquid draining from its tip and I slowly picked it up.

"Put it down." I heard Aslan command, as he walked into the tent alone. "It is poison-" He began, as I turned to look at him. "Poison I believe that was used on you." I let out a small gasp, not realising Mary hated me so much.

"Aslan, did she know-"I stuttered, struggling to speak I was in shock. I knew Mary was a huge enigma, but I never thought she would be capable of such things. "-did she know of the baby?"

Aslan slowly shook his head.

My heart sank.

"I know Morgana told you of the prophecy of your child with Peter." He said. "And I know Peter has no idea of this either. Why haven't you told him?"

"I never found the time, then when I tried he was either too ill or people walked in and ruined the moment." I made excuses, but I knew in my heart there was plenty of time to tell him, I was just afraid he would send me back home.

"I know your worries, but now you need to leave it to us to get them back." He instructed and I looked at him with a disapproved look.

"You know I cannot do that." I shook my head. "I cannot just sit here and wait for Peter to potentially come back. I need to be with him Aslan."

He let out a soft sigh and I hugged into his fur.

"I am scared and I hate to admit that," I mumbled to him, and he let out another sigh. "Sometimes we have to be scared, being scared is apart of being alive." He spoke with such wisdom. "But for now, Lucy will take you to the meeting tent, we will come up with a plan."

I nodded my head and walked out the tent, seeing Lucy standing there with tears down her face. I hugged her tightly, walking with her and Aslan to the others. Ulric had already called a meeting, Sadon had quickly sobered up and had taken a group of people to go and search for the three of them.

"The castle is not too far away from here." Ulric said, Avice coming over to Lucy and I as we walked into the tent. "We need to storm the castle, as soon as we can." One of the guardsman said, as a few agreed.

"No, we need to be weary of that, she will know we are coming one way or another to fight back." Ulric disagreed. "We are not as ready as we would like to be." Another said, another lot of people agreeing.

"You can never be fully prepared for a time like this." Aslan spoke, everyone turning and bowing to the great king of the wood. "We need to prepare to get them back. But we need a very powerful friend."

Morgana? I asked myself.

"We also need to be prepared, my brother Alard is on Chimera's side." Ulric looked to Aslan. "He could attack at any moment with no warning." Aslan nodded his head and the sound of horns broke up the meeting pretty fast.

"Your majesties, they have spotted an army coming into he woodland, heading for this way." A faun spoke in a rushed manner. Aslan thanked him and told him to get people back to the camp. "Looks like he is already here." Aslan said to Ulric, Avice looked to us and hold us closely.

"You three need to get out of here." Ulric commanded, looking at Lucy, Avice and myself. "It is not safe for you to be here."

"We have to stay and fight." Lucy demanded, always the warrior queen, wanting to help as much as she could. "It is too dangerous." Ulric sternly spoke and Aslan nodded his head. "Go to the horses and ride to the sea, stay there until we come and get you."

"And what if you don't?" Avice blurted out, tears pricking her eyes. "Do not say things like that, I will always be back to be with you." He held her face, kissing her lips as she looked to us three. "Besides, you have the necklace, all you have to do is say my name and you will be able to see."

"I never knew it worked like that." I was amazed, but was quickly stopped by the sound of chaos outside.

"They are in the camp!"

"Get out of here-" Ulric grabbed some bits together and we rushed to get some things to protect us. "Now!" I looked to Aslan, who nodded his head, the three of us sneaked out the back and grabbed the horses in the stable tent.

"Going somewhere?" Some random solider said, one who was not wearing the Aslan/Pevensie Badge. "Girls get on the horse." Avice said, as she held her sword up, he got his out. "Lucans, let them go or you will die." She said sternly.

"I like my chances." He growled back. He swung his sword at Avice, but she stepped aside and his sword landed in the wooden pole, stalling him a bit as he tried to unlodge. "Avice get on now!" I screamed, which she did and we quickly raced out of the camp and towards where Ulric instructed.

Turning back slightly, I could see the camp fighting back against Alards army.

I saw my revenge and I would get Peter and Edmund back.

I swear to it.