25

"Aslan?" Lucy gasped, as she looked towards them intently

"It sounds insane." Sadon, sighed as he stood up. "We don't know if it is true or not, so we are chasing fantasies." He added, as he grabbed his bag, looking through it, completely dismissing the idea.

Peter and I were silent. We were taking in the information. Completely catching us off guard.

"Aslan is here?" I squeaked out barely. "There are rumours he is." Avice said, as she looked around to us. "I believe he is. It is meant to happen this way. Morgana told me."

"Morgana could be wrong?" Peter said, making me look to him in shock, for not believing Aslan could be here. Lucy looked distressed at the idea of us questioning the Great Lions presence. "No, she is never wrong." I whisper as he looks to me. Morgana was a powerful witch. She could never be wrong. Her  visions changed at times but the narrative always stayed the same.

"How?" He said. "Morgana can get things wrong sometimes, her visions are not accurate she said that herself. Things change." I sit there, my arms folded and confused as to what was going on.

"It is too much to even comprehend." I whispered quietly. "But I agree with Avice-" I began and stood up, looking to her and then to the others. "It is our only hope. It is our only option."

"What else do we have to lose?" Lucy said, as she held onto my arm. "We want her gone and we want peace restored. He is our only option." Lucy added and I smiled to her.

"When do we leave?" Avice smiled, looking to her husband and I smirked, seeing her smug face. "We will leave tomorrow morning- early." He smiled and looked to Peter. "We should set the horses up, so that we are ready."

"Edmund and Mary will ride together." Sadon said, then turned to Lucy. "If you don't mind, you are with me." He smiled and Lucy blushed slightly, nodding her head. "Of course, thank you."

"Let us prepare, we also need an early night ready to travel." Ulric smiled, and we all dispersed. Lucy went off with Avice to help feed the horses, sorting them out ready.

My mind turned me back to Edmund and Mary. I sighed as I looked to them, seeing them snuggled up and sleeping. Was I such a bad person for questioning Mary? I kept asking myself as I turned back around to see Peter with Ulric, talking about the best plan to get to where the camp was supposed to be. It then made me think about needing to tell Peter about the baby. I had too many thoughts stuck in my head and it made me feel like I was starting to go crazy.

"Mind giving me a hand?" Sadon asked, as he grabbed the fire wood we had spare and was trying to put some of it in the bag. "Of course-" I answered, as I grabbed some and helped put it the bag with him.

"I've seen the way you look at her-" Sadon said, referring to Mary as he looked over to her. I look to him, stunned by his comment. He sensed me tenseness over what he said. "Don't worry-" he assured me. "I have to agree with your suspicions. I'm not sure everything is as it seems."

"We will see." I mumbled, uncomfortable with people knowing my caution to Mary. "Out of curiosity. How long have you known her for?" He asked and I thought for a moment, recalling the first time I saw her with Ed. "Probably a year ago, they met not long after we met her, from when Ed brought her for dinner."

He nodded his head, thinking for a moment that I swore I could almost hear his clogs turning. He then frowned, before shaking his head. Why was he asking me this? Does he know something that I don't? I questioned used as I saw the look on his face. What was so important about when we met Mary?

"What is it?" I asked, sensing something was wrong. "I just- well nothing." He sighed, shaking it off. I didn't want to pry anymore and decided to leave it. I helped him finish off and we walked back to the others. Maybe at another time I would be able to question him, but I felt it wasn't the time.

"The firewood is packed." Sadon said, before looking over to Ed and Mary. "Everything is prepared for departure tomorrow." Ulric nodded his head and looked to the rest of us. "The rest can be finished in the morning before we leave."

"Let's gets some rest-" he began. "We are up early tomorrow and I fear it will be a long journey." We all wished one another goodnight, settling down for the evening.

Laying down, Peter covered us over with a blanket. "It was nice to see Ed so happy again." He sighed, taking his sword off and placing it down beside him. "I know." I agreed completely.

"Are you okay Soph?" He asked, brushing my hair behind my ear as he laid on his side. "I'm okay." I smiled, holding his hand softly. "I think I am just super tired." I smiled to him, looking to his eyes. "Well, let's get some rest." He began, making sure we were covered again. "We need to be energised for tomorrow."

Nodding my head, we kissed one another goodnight and drifted off to sleep. I had to force my mind to shut off, as it seemed to be ticking away with so many thoughts.

Was Aslan really going to be there tomorrow? Or would it be all a rumour.

I needed to have more faith in the great lion.

He was magnificent and has helped us before. I needed to remind myself of the words he said to us when we came here last time.

'Things never happen the same way twice.'