13

"Where is she?" I shouted, wondering where Mary will have gone too

"Where is she?" I shouted, wondering where Mary will have gone too. Immense guilt filled my soul, thinking how alone she must have felt and completely bewildered by this magical kingdom.

"She is fine." Chimera replied, shrugging her shoulders. "She is more than fine."

"You will never get away with this." I snapped at the evil woman that stood in front of us, alongside the guard that held a sword tightly to him. "They will come and get us soon. We shall rightfully rule over Narnia."

"Oh Lucy, you really are naive to think we will let you get out of here?" Chimera smirked, leaning down closer to my face.. "The only way you will leave her, is by boat to throw your dead body into the lake."

I felt sick and all colour had fallen from my cheeks. Breathing unsteadily I needed to make sure I did not say anything to antagonise the situation I had been forced to play a part in. Chimera spoke to her guard, before leaving the cells and walking back to the top floor. The guard walked over to me and untied my chains. Rubbing my sore wrists, the guard said nothing and simply walked away. Before the man walked past the door, he turned around and gave me on last look. His bright blue eyes stared into mine and my whole body erupted with goosebumps; his gaze stayed on me for what seemed like forever, until he pulled away and went off to find Chimera. My heart thudded as he walked away, thinking of how handsome the man was, but I was angry that I allowed him to see some vulnerability that I desperately tried to hide.

"Oh guys, where are you." I sighed, a tear fell down my cheek. Bringing my legs into my chest, I wrapped my arms around my knees and cried into my arms; my body was tired and being down in this dungeon made me feel scared and alone.

"Lucy?" I heard a soft voice say, making me sit up immediately and look around to see who it may have been. "You will be safe soon." The voice said again. Maybe being down here was making me go crazy. However, deep down I had a feeling that voice was right - I was going to be safe and all I needed to do was get out of here alive.

After getting some well needed sleep, I opened my eyes and saw a little light coming for the stairs that led down into the dungeon. My eyes squinted as they concentrated, seeing Chimera behind the light as she came down. Her black dress and black hair, made he seem like the woman in black, a scary woman that had no heart at all.

"Lucy, I see now you are awake." She smirks, standing in front of me, peering through the bars that separated us. "I need you to answer some questions." She hummed, putting the candle on the floor. "So will you answer them for me?" She glared, folding her arms and her tired eyes stared into me.

"I will not be on your side." I snarled back. "I am answering nothing." I stood my ground, not wanting to look afraid in front of her. "So I would not even bother with asking." I spat at her, which seemed to enrage her even more. My breathing went heavier and I could see her whole face boiling up.

"Lucius!" She screamed for one of the guards to come. As one appeared, a large muscular man with a bald head, a man that looked like he would eat you up and spit you out in seconds. "Get in there and show her what happens when you disrespect people."

She opened the door and I cowered away in the corner, wanting to escape more than ever. He walked over and grabbed my wrist, twisting it so it went against my back; turning me so I was facing Chimera. Tears ran down my cheek as I felt the ache in my arm get worse and worse.

"Get off me!" I screamed, pulling myself forward and trying to free myself from his extremely tight grip. Chimera walked closer, pulling my hair back from my face and making sure I kept eye contact with her.

"No Lucy, I want to ask you something-" She began, looking very closely into my eyes. "I want the truth and I will know if and when you are lying. Do you understand me?" She glared and I nodded my head slightly, still crying from the pain.

"Do you understand me?" She screamed. "Yes!" I screamed back, wanting this to be over and done with. "Now your sister in law, Sophia is it?" She asked and I nodded in reply. "Words Lucy. Words!"

"Yes!" I shouted back. She walked around me, as she held her hands together in thought. "Now, she is married to Peter and they have been married for some time." She asked, turning eventually to face me. "Yes they have."

"I see" She hummed, walking around me again, like she was some vulture circling her prey. "And they have no children?" Taking a deep breath in, I started to worry about what was going to happen to Sophia. "No, they have no children."

"They don't want any?" She asked again, folding her arms in confusion. "No, they want children. Look, what does this have anything to do with me being locked up in here like a animal?" I snarled. "And get this baboon off me or I shall not say another word."

Chimera stopped for a moment, before nodding her head for the guard to leave. He let go and I gripped onto my arm in pain, moving it around to try and make sure it was still actually working. Breathing out a relieved sigh, I looked up at Chimera again and saw her determined face casting down on me.

"Now, is she pregnant?" She asked and I scoffed, standing to my feet. "That would be none of your business." Chimera was growing impatient and was getting more annoyed by my lack of answering her questions. "Look Lucy, I can get rid of you in a heart beat. Now answer my questions or I will have to kill you."

"She is not pregnant." I simply answered and she sighed in what seemed like relief, which only confused me more. "Not that she has told me anyway." Chimera took a deep breath in and called for Lucius again, who arrived immediately. "Get me the fortune teller. I want to see if Lucy is lying or not."

I gulped and my palms became sweaty as I watched Chimera leave me alone in darkness once more.