4

"Peter is it ready yet?" Lucy sighed as she leant against the side of the door

"Lucy, do you expect me to click my fingers and it be done?" Peter scoffed, putting his tools down to look at his sister.

"Okay!" She held her hands up in surrender. "My bad. I thought you would have been quicker."

Peter stood up and chased after his youngest sister, running around the house trying to get her.

"Will you two calm down" Helen scolded the two of them, as she came upstairs with a try of hot tea and biscuits.

The two of them did not listen to their mother, who was beginning to get fed up. I however, just stood and got very amused by the situation.

"Sophia, tell them to stop." She huffs. "They listen to you."

"No they don't" I scoffed, wishing they did listen to me.

"Lucy and Peter Pevensie-" Helen used the surname, which made the two of them instantly stop. "-thank you."

"Yay, tea!" Lucy squealed with joy, grabbing a cup from her mother.

"It's not like you need it" Peter shook his head. "You have done jack!"

"Peter!" Helen scolded him.

"Watching is tough work" I smirked, teasing Lucy as I looked to my husband, who laughed at my joke. "Isn't it Lucy?"

"It is" Lucy carried on, ignoring the torment.

"Peter, how far away are you to finishing?" Helen asked.

"I should be done soon." Peter sighed and looked at his work so far. "The wood is very thick. I need Ed's help, but he has gone off to fetch Mary."

"What do you need help with?" She asked. "Surely Sophia can help."

"I'm not asking Soph to help me." Peter refused.

"We have had the discussion earlier." I huffed. "Helen, he won't let me help him."

"Why ever not?" She scoffed, looking to her son.

"She is my wife." Peter smiled. "She doesn't need to do it, I don't want anything bad happening to her."

"I won't get hurt." I folded my arms in annoyance.

"She is pregnant isn't she?" Helen smiled, looking to me and then Peter.

"No mum-" Peter began but she ignored his words.

"Oh my goodness!" She squealed and ran off outside, going downstairs.

"Peter!" I slapped his arm, making him laugh slightly. "It isn't funny. She is going to tell everyone now."

"I'll go talk to her" Lucy offered and ran downstairs, making sure her mother did not tell the whole neighbourhood.

I let a tear roll down my face, as I looked to the floor. Peter was and came over, lifting up my cheek so I face to face with him.