5

"I told you it wouldn't work" I sadly sighed, walking down the road and back to our house

We all had walked out of the wardrobe in silence and walked downstairs pretending as though nothing had ever happened.

Edmund explained to Mary about what happened, which I am sure would have been a very awkward yet interesting one to listen in too.

"I know you are sad Soph and me too-" Peter began as we walked into the house. "-but you said it yourself, nothing happens the same way twice."

"I was hoping I would have been wrong." I sighed, going upstairs and into the bed (once I put my nightdress on.)

Peter got in a little while later, after he locked up the house and got inside the covers, pulling my body to his.

"I love you Soph." He sighed and kissed my lips, before falling asleep.

"I love you too" I whispered and fell asleep next to him.

***

A few weeks went by after the incident of the wardrobe, no one had spoken about it since. We were all heartbroken over it and we were sad we could not go back to Narnia.

However, we were excited to be going on the siblings holiday this year. Every year, since the war ended, we decided we would all go on a siblings holiday; where we camped and lived in nature. Susan has never been to one of them yet, but I hoped she would soon.

"Have you packed?" I asked Peter as I brought my bag to the top of the stairs, from my room.

"Yes, my stuff is in the car" Peter smiled and picked up my bags, walking to the car to put them in the boot.

"Who are we picking up?" I questioned. "Can we get all of them in the car."

"Of course." Peter nodded and came back into the house. "You ready to leave?"

"Yep" I smiled. "Let me grab the sandwiches."

I hurried off and grabbed the sandwiches. As I picked the tub of them up, I looked to see a lion like figure in front of me - causing me to drop the tub to the ground.

Aslan?

"Soph?" I heard Peter say, but I couldn't move. I blinked and looked to see the lion gone. "Sophia? Sweet heart are you okay?"

"I'm fine" I gasped, looking to Peter as he worryingly looked towards me.

"You sure?" He asked, picking up the tub of sandwiches.

"Yeah" I mumbled and walked out the house with him, getting into the car.

As Peter locked up, I couldn't help but think I saw Aslan. It looked just like him and I wasn't afraid - so it must have been him. I didn't want Peter to give me a lecture about it, so I decided not to tell him.