Chapter 31

⚠️Trigger warning for
the end of this chapter⚠️

❖Gabriel❖

"What the fuck are you doing here?" I ask him, my gun pointed at his head.
"Is this how you greet your own father?"
"This is how we greet anyone who walks in uninvited. You teached me that yourself." I bite back, still pointing my gun at him.
My dad looks at the man around me who have, like me, their guns out and are ready to shoot if I give the order.
"I see you got your man under your thumb." He says as he steps closer. "Tell them to stand down boy. I'm not here to fight."

"Tell us why you are here and I might consider telling my man to stand down."
My father sighs, finally understanding that I won't just back down for him. "I'm here to help." He says.
I look at him for a second and lower my gun. "You're here to..." I start to laugh before I'm able to finish my sentence. "Last time I came to you, you made it clear how you thought about my relationship with Anna. And now you suddenly want to help?"

I signal my man to lower their guns, but I keep mine ready to shoot if necessary.
"What made you change your mind father?"
"I didn't change my mind on that girl being a distraction."
"Be careful with choosing the next few words father, or the guns will be aimed at you ones again." I warn him.
"But," he continues, "I know how it feels to loose your loved one and I don't wish that sadness for my son."

I nod towards my man, signalling them that they can put their guns away completely.
"Thy is very thoughtful of you father. But I don't know if we need your help with finding her."
"I never said I was going to help you find that girl."
"Then what do you think I need your help with? In case you didn't notice, we are focused on bringing Anna back. She is our number one priority."
"That is the problem Gabriel. Even though you might see her as a priority, you still have to rest of the mafia to lead. You're sending your man out on missions to retrieve information. You're sending your best man out to play watchman. What about the rest of the mafia? What is happening there?"

"With all due respect sir," Eliot cuts into the conversation, "we are a big group, we have it all covered. And for everyone here, Anna is our main priority. She is our queen and we will do everything to return her to us safely."
My father raises an eyebrow while looking at Eliot. "And who do you think you are boy? You can't just cut in to a conversation I'm having with my own so . I used to be the leader. I used to be the boss of this place!" With each sentence his voice gets harder, but Eliot doesn't  back down.

"Used to be, indeed father, used to be until you lost it and messed everything up, leaving a big pile of mess for me to clean up.
You used to be the leader here. But now I am the king of Il Capello. Il capo della famiglia. And I am not making the same mistakes you made. My man are loyal to me and know exactly what they have to do."
I take a step. Loser to my father, sizing him up, showing him his place.
"You can stay here and help. But you will do as I tell you. Do remember that you handed your power over to me years ago. So you lost the right to tell me how to handle my gangs.
Do I make myself clear?"

"You're making a mistake son."
"Wrong answer. Do I Make Myself Clear?!"
"Yes."
"Good, then you can stay. Eliot will fill you in on what we got. Afterwards you will contact your old mates and see if they have some more information for us."
I turn back towards my man who are still standing around, waiting for my orders. "You all know what to do, so let's get started. We have a queen to retrieve."

❖Anna❖

I'm feeling filthy.
After Samuel was done with me, he made Isaac bring me back to the cellar.
I tried to get some sleep, but no matter how much I tried and how long I turned, sleep wasn't kind enough to come.
When Isaac cane to fetch me for my work, I hadn't been able to close my eyes at all.