Chapter 28

❖Anna❖

Christy is fast asleep next to me, snoring softy.
I am sadly laying right awake, wondering how things are going with Gabriel.

Around 01:30 I give up trying to fall asleep and decide to get up and make some warm milk.
It's slightly weird to walk around the house at night. Everything is dark and looks slightly different then during the day. Especially the stairs are an 'interesting' thing in the dark. But to my surprise, I manage to walk down without tripping halfway or falling down.

In the kitchen I click the lights on and start to make my drink.
When I'm almost finished cooking the milk, I hear that the front door is being opened.
Holding my breath, I move towards the kitchen door, trying to catch a glimpse of the persons who are entering the house.
"Go get that cleaned." I hear Gabriel say, "There is a first aid kit in the kitchen that should still have some stuff in it."

I sprint back to the stove, not wanting to get caught eavesdropping.
"Anna?" A surprised voice behind me says. "What are you doing up?"
I turn around to River, ready to answer, as I see his shoulder slowly turning red.
"You're bleeding!"
"It's nothing. Most of this isn't even my own blood." River answers while he takes out the first aid kit.

By now Raphael and Gabriel are standing in the kitchen as well.
"Angel, why are you still up?" Gabriel walks over to me and plants a soft kiss on my sleep.
"Couldn't sleep." I mumble with a small yawn, as I press myself against him, welcoming the warmth of his body.

"What about Christy?" Raphael asks.
"She is in my bed, snoring very loudly."
Raphael nods and leaves the room. A couple of seconds later we can hear him run up the stairs and into my room.
"I think you will need to sleep in my bed tonight." Gabriel says while looking to the spot where Raphael just stood.
"And you should clean your sheets first thing in the morning." River ships in.
I pull my nose up in discus, making Gabriel and River laugh.

"Go drink your milk." Gabriel says, "Then we can go to sleep."

❖❖❖❖❖❖❖❖

The next morning, I wake up in Gabriel's arms. His hand is softly moving up and down my arm, giving me goose bumps.

"Buongiorno mio angelo." Gabriel whispers softly before giving me a sweet kiss.
"Good morning handsome." I answer
We stay in bed a little bit longer, slowly waking up together, before we decide that it's time to get up and start our day.

In the kitchen we meet up with Raphael and Christy.
"How did my bed sleep?" I ask them.
"It slept okay." Raphael starts, "But we didn't do much of sleeping." He winks and Christy hits him hard on his shoulder.
"To much information." I say while getting up to make some coffee.

"Are you coming to the pub tonight?" Christy quickly changes the subject.
"Uhm, Rose did text me to come in." I look over at Gabriel, slightly expecting an argument about it not being save enough to go. But surprisingly, that doesn't happen.
"Do you want to go?" He asks me, and I need a second to supress my surprise, but ones I do, I nod.
"Well, then we'll go. Raphael and I will come along, we can do some work in the pub. And Sam and Hunter will keep a watch outside. So, you won't be alone and won't have anything to worry about but the orders you'll have to remember."
"Who says I want to go?" Raphael interrupts.
"I do." Christy shoots back. "Otherwise you will be sleeping in a different bed tonight."
"Oh, yes, I would love to come to the pub tonight!" Raphael quickly declares.
"I guess that means that you will be sleeping in my bed again tonight." Gabriel whispers in my ear, giving me a small blush.

"We have some time before we have to leave." Christy starts and I know exactly what she thinks.
"Movie time!" I finish her thoughts.
We move to the living room where I cuddle up with Gabriel on the couch while Christy and Raphael sit together on one of the bigger chairs.