Chapter 11

❖Gabriel❖

"Nor is you making me look like an idiot in front of my boss." Anna says after I made her blush as red as a tomato. The look on her face makes me loose it and I start laughing.
I haven't laughed like this in years. I barely know this girl and she already makes me feel things I thought I forgot.
Suddenly I hear the most angelic sound I've ever heard, Anna started laughing with me.
I don't know how she does it, but this girl is breaking down every wall I build.

Just as sudden as it started, Anna's laugh disappears again. When I look to see what happened, I notice a flash of terror crossing her face.
Following her stare, I see a man entering the pub. He has dark hair and grey eyes. And has a small beard. He doesn't seem like anyone important to me.

I turn back to ask Anna what happened when I notice that she isn't standing there anymore. Quickly I scan the pub, my eyes land on the other waitress who looks completely confused to the spot where Anna was standing.
Once she notices me, she points down.
I lean over the bar and see Anna crouched on the ground with her head in-between her arms.

"Anna?"

❖Anna❖

I'm on the ground behind the bar, my face hidden in-between my arms.

"Anna?"
I hear Gabriel calling me, but I'm too scared to move.

"Excuse me," I hear a new, unknown voice, "Is there a table free for four?"
I look up and see the man that made me jump behind the bar. He looks a little like my father, the same dark hair and grey eyes. But his face looks a lot friendlier and he misses one big thing; the scar that I gave my father a month before I left.

"Uhm...." I say, slowly standing back up. "This is a pub." Gabriel says with an angry tone. "You sit where you fit, so go look for a spot."
The guy is about to say something back when Gabriel's' look silenced him right away.
I swear I can see fire coming out of Gabriel's eyes. He is clearly not pleased with this man. 
The guy looks scared and nods before quickly walking back to his friends. My eyes still glued on him, surprised that he looks so my like my father.
My eyes finally leave the man when Gabriel clears his throat.

"What was that?" he asks in a demanding voice, making me nervous.
"I uhm... I dropped... the towel?" my answer more coming out like a question then an answer, and I know right away that Gabriel could see right through my lie.
"That's bullshit Anna and you know that damn well." His voice is starting to get louder with every word. He looks very frustrated with me.
"Don't yell at me Gabriel Donati. We're in a pub and I'm working."

I turn around, signalling that this conversation is over. But before I can do anything else, Gabriel is behind he bar, holding my arm tightly.
"Outside. Now." Is all he says while he pulls me with him towards the door.
When we pass Christy I mouth her an 'it's okay' and even though she looks a little uncertain she gives me a thumbs up, showing that she'll cover me for a little.

As soon as we are outside I'm able to pull my arm back out of Gabriel's grasp. I look at it and see a small bruise forming on my lower arm, just above my wrist.
"What the hell was that for?" I almost scream at Gabriel, but I try really hard not to. No one needs to hear what is going on out here.
"What do you think that was for?" Gabriel shoots back, sounding angry.
"Well I don't know do I? Otherwise I wouldn't be asking you." I can hear my voice slowly getting louder. "One moment I'm working and then out of no were you are pulling me outside!"

Holding up my arm I show Gabriel the bruise that is forming. "Look at what you did!"
Gabriel's eyes flicker to my arm and for a small moment the emotions in them change. It's too quick to understand what he felt, but there certainly was something there.