o n e

As summer ended and transcended into fall school started back up making teens fall into seasonal depression while waking up at 6am. It was also the start of my last year of school, senior year marked the end of thirteen years in school before embarking on an unpredictable future.

Well unpredictable to some, my future was planned out.

By the end of this year, I would've been accepted into my university of choice and get a business degree like my dad. Over the summer I thought I gotten rid of following in my dad's footsteps, considering how it turned out, but it was the one time I agreed with him. I want to major in business and I want to be successfully like he was, aside from the pastor position.

Church was the last thing I could think about. Ive been skipping out on the last four or five Sunday sessions which had displeased a lot of people, including my parents. My mom somehow convinced a majority of them that I was just sick every weekend since the seasons were transitioning.

But the truth was, I cannot bare the judgmental stares and low whispering around me, Jordan, James and Jack because of the atrocities Sammy said over summer and the ones I caused.

I thought I would also surpass what people thought of me.

The bright side to the summer ending was returning to school. Over the summer I've been caught in entirely too much drama that school actually felt like the one place I was drama free. But even that had its downside, mostly because as much as I longed for my last year of high school, the one person I couldn't spend it with was Jack.

I mentioned the school districts being separated before. They tried not to show it but it was clear the one difference between West Reunion and Brookhaven were the funds, students, and reputation. West reunion was a private school that only hand picked students got into, and Brookhaven was what the rejects, expelled, and burnouts got into.

And unlike me, Jack has a reputation, one that belonged in a place like Brookhaven.

"I got Mr Katz again," Jordan groans from the beanbag, "He makes learning so uncomfortable."

"Didn't he have an affair with a student?" James now questions, he violently swings his wii remote towards the tv.

Jack leaps over the futon taking the empty space beside me with a bag of chips in one hand and gummy bears in the other. He places the gummies on my lap before grabbing a handful of chips.

"Former student. Legal but still weird," He chimes in with a mouthful.

Jordan groans in disgust slamming her laptop shut, "So much for a grade A private school."

I chuckle a bit at her statement before turning to face face, "Have you gotten your schedule yet?"

James scoffs striking another imaginary baseball, "Brookhaven gets their schedules when you arrive, not digitally twenty-four hours prior."

I raise an eyebrow, "Seriously?"

Jack nods his hand as I bite off a piece of candy, "As if the kids from Brookhaven would even care to check."

Like said, something to do with finances.

"What time do you want me to pick you up tomorrow?" Jordan calls over, now setting her laptop beside her sinking further into the chair, "I figured if were early, we could stop for coffee."

"It's already been decided I'm taking her tomorrow." Jack broke in making Jordan roll her eyes, "As will I be the rest of the school year."

"Okay, you don't get to just waltz in here and steal my best friend." Jordan snaps, "Charlie! Back me up here!"

I bit my bottom lip, "I did already promise Jack I'd ride with him."

"And now I'm on the back burner," She mutters, "Story of my life."

"Don't be dramatic," Jack teases, chewing what's left of his food.

The feud between Jack and Jordan continued to grow since we became public. Jack was very persistent on spending almost every hour of every day together. Apart of me found it lovely, but my waning conservative self was convinced he'd just get bored quickly. I wasn't an interesting person, this last summer was the most developed I felt in my seventeen years of life.

James grabs for his water bottle, turning to look at us, "I'm still very annoyed by this," he points a finger between jack and I, "But fuck the best friends right."

Jack rolls his eyes before lifting himself off the couch, "Come On Charlotte, it's late."

James chuckles a bit restarting his wii game, "I can't believe your girlfriend has a curfew."

"We have school tomorrow James," I retaliate, "Not everyone is studying to be a fast food worker."

He scoffs lightly, "Don't come to me asking for free food then."

-

hello.

Welcome back.

I'm going to half ass a promise that I will not give up on the book like I did last book, and several before this. But I actually enjoyed making this specific book because the plot is so good in my head, so hopefully I don't lose motivation.

also i deleted this previously because i was already slacking but since the world is currently on pause, why not work on it now?

Anyways, Opinions?