S2. Episode fourteen

Start from the beginning

"Bullshit." I said and closed her textbook. "You can't waste your life living your parents dream." I grabbed my computer from the other side of the table and opened it, going to one of those 'build your own website' things. "We'll start small. Website, designs, little things."

"And the money?" She asked.

"Did you forget I'm a CS major?" I said with a smirk. "If you're getting your money wired from your moms account, you can take out ten thousand and I can make it look like two hundred."

The glow slowly started to make its way back and I loved it, that's what I wanted her to feel all the time. Hopeful.

"You really think this could work?" I stopped typing to look over at her, a smile on my face as I nodded. "Thank you." She whispered and cautiously leaned forward but once I nodded again, she tilted her head to the side and connected our lips. I softly kissed back, my stomach exploding with giddiness. "Okay." She said and happily pulled back while pointing at my screen. "I have a logo in mind. It's a butterfly with a-"

"Oh God no."

-

I leaned against the corner of wall as I held my nerf gun, filled with the soft edge bullets. I closed one eye and peeked at my opponent who was slowly walking around, looking for me. When she turned her back to me, I jumped out with a scream as I started shooting bullet after bullet.

She screamed and turned, shooting back but missing horribly and, for the sake of her being happy, I moved into one of the shots and had it 'hit' my head. "Oh no.. I've been hit!" I said dramatically before dropping to my knees and falling onto the carpeted floor.

"Y/nn you are over arrest!" She said cutely, slapping the plastic cuffs onto my wrists. "Do not speak or I will kill you."

"Oh that's harsh." Vanessa said with a chuckle as she scooped her daughter up. "Do you think, Y/nn deserves a break? You guys have been playing nerf war for an hour."

"Well it's fun, mommy." She said with a shrug. "Right Phin?"

"Right rascal." I said with a nod, siding the cuffs off.

"Well, it's almost midnight so that means you've been up longer than you should have. Say night night to Y/n." Vanessa tilted Quincy in my direction and the toddler held out her arms.

"Night night Y/nn." I cooed before accepting her hug, placing a fat kiss on her forehead. "Will you be here when I wake up?"

"Heck's yeah, I'll even make breakfast for you." She smiled happily before pulled back. "Night little Q, sweet dreams."

"Fai se miti malie!" She called out with a giggle when Vanessa ran them into the bedroom. Translation? Sweet dreams. She was the cutest.

I kneeled down and started to pick up all the nerf bullets we used, tossing them into the bucket that was next to her large toy box, filled with various toys and nicknacks, all things Quincy would love.

After cleaning up, I stretched and walked into the kitchen to grab a water from the fridge. "One child down, one more to go." I looked over as Vanessa walked in with a smirk, making me roll my eyes. "Ha Ha funny." I took a swig of the water bottle before sitting it down on the counter as she grew nearer, her arms open so I let her cuddle up to my chest.

"So.." I hummed. "My parents want to have brunch with us tomorrow."

"Yeah?" I mumbled and she nodded. "Where at?"

"Terrain Cafe, near Stanford" I nodded softly as she pulled back and grabbed my hand, leading us to her bedroom. "Can you make it?"

"Yeah, I don't have practice until late tomorrow." When we got to her room, she kicked off her house slippers and I shed my shirt, tossing it to the side before climbing into the bed after her. "Is Quincy going too?"