Sixties Love

Narrator's POV

At Rebecca's house she is getting ready with Alana and Ashley. The guys were at Colby's place getting ready.
"What's the theme for the prom again?" asked Alana.
" Sixties Love, " said Ashley.
"Sixties Love?" said Alana.
"Yeah the sixties had some of the best music," said Ashley .
"It did?" asked Alana .
"It did," said Rebecca nodding as she went to her jukebox and played Cathy's Clown by The Everly Brothers.
"Oh I like it," said Alana "The sixties did have some nice music."

Rebecca's POV

Ashley and I both nodded.
"I still can't believe you have a jukebox in your room, " said Ashley.
"It was me Grand Da's and he gave it to me in his will. It came all the way from Ireland," I said looking at it.
"Wow," said Alana " It is gorgeous."
"And the records in it," said Ashley.
"All me Grand Da's also except for a few," I said "But Gary fixed it to play cds so he transferred all of me Grand Da's records onto cd. It took him hours with the help of Rich. It was my birthday present this year," I said as I slipped on my heels.
" You amaze me Bex, " said Ashley.
"Why is that?" I ask as It's My Party by Lesley Gore begins.
"You being friends with me," she said "If I were you I would have to told me to go to hell. Especially after the way I treated you for all those years."
"Ashley I believe there is good in everyone," I said "So I gave you a chance and now I have more friends."
There was a knock on my door and Dori Elizabeth poked her head in "Hey!" she said.
" Liz come on in, " I said.
She entered "Hi Alana. Ashley."
" Hi Liz, " said Ashley "How are you today?"
" Good, " said Dori Elizabeth "Just brought your homework from your last four periods."
" Thanks Liz. Please put it on my desk," I said.
Dori Elizabeth nodded and put it on my desk.
"You guys look phenomenal," she said looking at all of us "Wish I could have gone to Junior Prom."
" Next year, "I said.
Dori Elizabeth laughed "That is if anyone asks me," she said.
"What about Rich?" asked Ashley.
"He only sees me as Bex's friend. He only agreed to go to the Sweetheart Dance as a favor to Bex," she said.
"Sorry about that," said Alana slipping on her shoes.
" Eh what are you going to do?He is after all in college and I am a high school sophomore, " said Dori Elizabeth "Have fun," she smiled.
" Liz wait!" I said.
She turned "Yeah Bex?"
" Do you want to stick around and see Fergal and Nigel? "
Dori Elizabeth laughed "Duh!"
We all laughed.
"Hey umm Liz," said Ashley winking at me "Would you mind if you got us a couple waters from downstairs?"
Dori Elizabeth nodded "Sure," she said .
We watched her leave the room and once we heard her downstairs we went to the back stairs that lead into the kitchen.

Narrator's POV

Rebecca, Ashley and Alana watched as Dori Elizabeth is shocked by Ashley's cousin Davenport High School Junior Randy.
He stood there in a tuxedo and was holding a bouquet of red roses.
"Hi," he said smiling at Dori Elizabeth.
"Hi," said Dori Elizabeth "Randy right?"
He nodded "Liz I was hoping even though it is last minute if you'd like to go to prom with me tonight."
" I'd love to but I don't have a dress, " said Dori Elizabeth.
"Well that's where you're wrong," said Rebecca coming into the kitchen.
" You got that right Bex, "said Fergal and Nigel as Fergal carried a garment bag into the kitchen from the backdoor.
Dori Elizabeth looked at her two best friends "What in the world?" she said.
"Simple Liz.My cousin has had a crush on you for the longest time and well he never had the damn courage to ask you out partly because of me and I am sorry about that," said Ashley.
Dori Elizabeth smiled at Randy "You have a crush on me?" she asked.
Randy smiled and nodded "Yes," he said "So what do you say. Will you go to prom with me?"
Dori Elizabeth bit her lip and nodded "Yes!"
With that Rebecca, Ashley, Alana, Fergal and Nigel whisked Dori Elizabeth upstairs as Colby and Claudio entered the kitchen.
"I take it. It went well," said Colby .
Randy nodded and smiled "Very well," said Randy.

Meanwhile.....

Rebecca,Ashley,Alana,Fergal and Nigel are glaming up Dori Elizabeth for the Junior Prom.
"You look gorgeous," said Rebecca once they were done.

Rebecca's Dress

Dori Elizabeth's Dress

Ashley's Dress

Alana's Dress