code022

Yuri POV.

"I won't host anything." Kai deadpanned.

We were having dinner together. I mean the whole EXO was here..with me. Next Saturday was Kai's birthday but he didn't want to celebrate it.

"Why? It's your birthday. If you don't want it, I'm sure one of these guys will host a party for you." Suho said as he looked to their brothers.

And that was true. Even though Kai already voices out he didn't want a party but Chen came in the middle of breakfast two days later with red velvet invitations on his hand. He said he would deliver them to their friends and allies, and reminded Kai to invites his schoolmates too. Kai rolled his eyes, clearly annoyed but Chen waved him off.

In a blink of an eye, it was already D-3. Baekhyun kindly dragged me to a high-end boutique with Chanyeol following us quietly from behind. Baekhyun forbid Kai and Sehun to come with us because he wanted it to be a surprise for Kai. Baekhyun confessed he already prepared a beautiful dress for me. I gasped at the dress when the lady showed it to us. I let my fingers ran through the fabric, it was so smooth and I could tell it was expensive.

"Baek-oppa, isn't this a little bit too much?" I murmured as I still staring at the dress.

"No, sweetie. You deserve this much. Kai will be the king of the night and you are the queen."

My jaw dropped when I knew the actual price and Baekhyun swiped his card lightly like he buys an iced americano. Chanyeol drove us to a Chinese restaurant after that. I asked Baekhyun why we went there and he said they need to meet their friends. Baekhyun led me to a table, told me to order anything I want before he left me alone. A waitress guided them to a closed room not far from me. Baekhyun said a friend but I said an ally because they were two guys stood outside the room even though their clothes were casual clothes not like a bodyguard with black all over their body. I looked around but I didn't see anyone suspicious and I relaxed my body a little bit. I killed my time playing with my phone while waiting for my jjajangmyeon and sweet and sour pork. I scrolled through my contacts, I only have EXO's number and Hobi's fake number. I tempted to call Hobi's number for seconds, wondering if the number was active or not. I pressed the green button and put my phone to my ear nervously. And the call was on. I immediately ended the call. So, the number existed. The next thing that crossed my mind was Taehyung. He said he would call me about Yoongi but still, nothing hit my phone. Or maybe he forgot? Maybe he was on roll?

The sound of the bell on the door captured my attention. Then my body stiffened, Sunghak. He was alone. Was it coincidence or did he follow us? But he didn't look around to find Baekhyun or Chanyeol, instead, he took a seat and flipped throughout the menu. Whatever it was, he couldn't see me here alone. His maknae, Jude died and Baekhyun killed Baram that night. I was sure he knew about me already so I couldn't get caught by him. I stood up carefully and tried to avoid his view, I walked to Baekhyun's meeting room. I stood in front of the two guys anxiously as they stared at me sharply.

"I need to see Baekhyun-ssi, I come here with him," I said.

But they didn't let me in and told me to come back to my table. I called Baekhyun and I could hear it ringing but he declined the call.

"Please, let me in.. Or can you tell him that I'm here?"

"No." He said firmly.

Afraid that I would attract attention, I went to the restroom. I hid inside the cubicle. I called Baekhyun again but he didn't answer it. Then I heard the door was opened roughly. My body frozen, even I held my breath. Whoever it was was checking the door one by one. I hugged my bag tightly, he was coming closer. My door's handle was moved down but I locked it so he tried to open it harder.