code015

Namjoon POV.

I parked my car on the side of our company's building. Yuri was biting her lower lip, fidgeting her fingers. I took her hand, caressed it softly. I assured her that everything was going to be okay. Earlier, I only said that Black-nim wished to see her and he wanted to talk about her new assignment directly. Actually, it wasn't just her, but I was nervous too. What if suddenly Black-nim wanted Yuri to move to another unit under him? Like joining f(x) as their new maknae? Bangtan was under White-nim all this time, which White-nim was also my dad. If she moved to another unit, both my hands and my dad were tied. We couldn't do anything for her, we couldn't take care of her like we usually did.

Nana was already waiting for us in the lobby and she led us to Black-nim office on the 15th floor. This was my first time to enter his room. His room was as big as my dad's office but with a different interior. He gave us a fatherly smile, told us to sit down in front of him. There was no opening. Once Black-nim opened his mouth, he thanked me because I brought Lolly then he told me to wait outside his office. I dragged my feet heavily, I was worried to leave Lolly alone with Black-nim. Lolly still new to this environment, I wished she could act properly in front of him. When we were talking with my dad about a job, my dad would ask her opinion, take it into account. If Lolly made mistakes, my dad would scold Lolly more like a dad to her daughter rather than between superior with his asset. The vibe was comfortable but we still maintained the code. Black-nim was different from my dad. He didn't accept mistakes; he only knew perfection. He didn't take disrespect lightly. Lolly was more rebellious than Suga, I understood that because of Lolly still young. I just worried if Lolly talked back and rejected the job in disrespect manner, that was the end of her and no one could save her from Black-nim, even my dad could do nothing for her.

It was already forty minutes, the cup of coffee in front of me was still full but it was already cold. I noticed Nana gave me glances from his desk once a while but I pretended that I didn't see her. I knew she was a professional so she wouldn't talk about us while we were in the company but still, I felt uncomfortable with being in one room just with her alone. I looked at my watch, tapping the glass impatiently.

"Oh, RM." I looked up, it was L. He entered the room, smiling friendly to me. "It's a rare sight to see you here, in Black-nim's office."

"I just accompany Lolly, L-ssi." I said with a respectful tone.

"Lolly? Oh, she's inside? Hmm." He took a seat in front of me, asking Nana if she received any mails for him. I stared at him unconsciously and his eyes met my gaze. "Yes, RM?"

He was blunt, just like his dad. "I just wondering, why you sent me the envelope." I said straight to the point.

"I had no bad intentions towards her, if it's your true question." He smiled.

I didn't ask further because Lolly appeared behind Black-nim's door. Her face was unreadable, but I caught she held the side of her skirt tightly. L said hi to her, she only bowed as a reply but L didn't mind it. L entered her dad's office after he reminded Lolly about her next training with him.

I brought Yuri straight to our home. I told her to follow me to my office, where Jin was already waiting for us. I called her codename as this was a job's meeting, not a family gathering. Jin was tensed in his seat while Yuri's face just as blanks as a white paper. I asked her about her meeting with Black-nim earlier and she told me all of what he said to her, just like what I'd expected. I gave her the folder about EXO, told her the plans once again and she nodded robotically. I told her that tonight she would start the job and Jin would assist her this time. I explained the details and she nodded without complaining. But when I told her that I already prepared an apartment for her, she shot up her eyes at me.