code012

Namjoon POV.

Hobi stopped his car in front of the apartment complex that I gave the address to him earlier. The building was located at north side of Seoul, completely the opposite of our home at the south. The apartment even rather far from Yuri's school but the bus stop was right in front of the building. The first impression about this place, I didn't like it. Not about the environment but the place was rather solemn, the vibe is unpleasant. The building itself looked old because the paint was fading but it didn't look like a cheap apartment because actually, the rent wasn't cheap at all. It was eerily quiet. I didn't even see a single human outside. We went to the apartment flat on the first floor, it was the Landlord's apartment. I let Hobi pressed the bell, not for long a lady in her end twenty or early thirty- I guessed, appeared behind the door. She was beautiful, her figure was nice to look at. She wasn't that curvy but her proportion just right. She wore something casual but still fashionable. With her wavy long light brown hair, she looked young and fresh. She was alluringly attractive. We bowed to her and Hobi told her the reason why we were here. Her demeanor came out strong with her red lipstick painted on her lips but surprisingly her smile was soft. She let us in, led us to her living room.

"I thought Min Yuri is a girl." She started the conversation first after we sat down and she went to table in the corner.

"She's my cousin." Hobi said. "I'm Jung Hoseok. I'm here as her guardian. I'll sign the contract and complete the formalities for her."

"I'm Kim Sooyoung." She back to us with a folder in her hand and gave it to Hobi. "You must love her, you pay the rent for her. Even you brought new furniture and redecorated the whole apartment. It's a lot of money."

"Well, she's someone precious for me." Hobi said while signing the paper.

"She's precious but you let her live alone here?" She questioned.

"She wants to be independent," Hobi replied shortly.

"Independent but let you pay all of the rent and all? I'm curious why you did it all instead of her parents."

"Her parents have died since she was eight years old. She lives with me since then." Hobi done with the papers and gave it to the women.

"You must be from her mother side, your surname is different from her."

Well, this conversation was going too deep than it supposed to be. Why did I feel this was like an interrogation? I observed her quietly. She placed her elbows on the armrests of the chair. She extended her forearms along the length of the armrest, let the hands dangling over the edge. She leaned back into her chair, keep her shoulders back and her head high. She looked confident and powerful.

Hobi narrowed his eyes, but he tried to layer his suspicion with a laugh. "Yeah, her mother was my mom's sister. Is there something else I need to sign?" Hobi tried to end the conversation.

"No, here's the key." She said as she pushed the key to Hobi. "And don't get me wrong Hoseok-ssi. Just like your friend over here tries to observe me, I just want to know what kind of girl your cousin is." She smiled at me, but I didn't reply it. She knew I was observing her, and she did the same to us. She must be sensed Hobi was uncomfortable with her questions.

"I understand. Anyone would be curious about who is you are living under the same roof." Hobi took the key and stood up, so did I.

"I just take a precaution, you know to stay out of trouble as far as possible. I'm very picky about who could stay in my buildings. I know all of my tenants here, they are good people. You don't have to worry about your cousin when she lives here later." She walked to her front door.