S2. Episode seven

Magsimula sa umpisa

"Yeah, Jospeh's like really good friends with the President of Kappa over there so they always look out for one another." I hummed with a nod. "But, their parties are a lot different, a lot more... 'Wild' so to speak."

"Wild huh?" I mumbled and looked up with a smirk. "Can't wait."

-

"What do you mean?" I asked with a dropped jaw. "You said you guys go out on the twenty first." Vanessa nodded with a huff.

"I thought so too, but I guess they're changed it so now we get spring break the twenty fifth." I groaned and dropped back onto the bed. "I know but baby it's fine, I still want you to go on your trip."

"But.. you won't be there." I whined out and crossed my arms. "It won't be the same." Q

"You're acting just like Quince, Jesus." She shook her head and sat down her textbook. "Babe, it's your first college spring break, you've gotta go. Plus, it's just your boys so I'm not worried." She said with a wink. When I didn't return the playful gesture, her eyes turned to slit and I looked away. "Y/nn... agree with me."

"Uh.. the boys will be there." She slammed her textbook shut and climbed onto the bed with a glare.

"And?"

Swallowing thickly, I mumbled with a cough, "I may have invited.. Jas." She stared at me for a moment before looking away, forcing a smile. "That was before I didn't know you weren't going to be able to make it though!"

"No it's uh.. it's okay." She looked back at me as she sat up. "It'll be fun. You guys are gonna have fun."

"Babe-"

"No, I trust you." She squeezed my knee before sitting up completely. "I have to finish studying for this damn exam." I watched her dubiously as she reopened her book and looked down with a huff. "Can you help me please? I'm having a blank."

"Sure." I pushed myself off of the bed before sitting my phone on her desk, kneeling besides her. "What do you need help?"

"This is about the senate. I can't remember if the committees are assigned in the senate, the house, or-" Before she finished, my phone flashed and we both looked to see Jasmine was calling me.

"I'll screen it." I said quickly and went to reach for it but she caught my wrist.

"No.. see what your teammate wants." She huffed out and looked back down at her notes.

I nodded and stared at the ringing phone before putting it on speaker. "Hello?"

"Hey Y/nn, whatcha doing?" She asked in a cheery voice.

"Just hanging out." I mumbled, watching Vanessa roll her eyes.

"So.. I was thinking about you." My eyes widened and I gulped deeply.

"Oh uh were you?" I asked equivocally, licking across my lips and looking away when Vanessa looked at me. "What uh what were you thinking?"

"Well.." I heard her take in a sharp breath before giggling. "I have all this damn pasta to carbo-load plus some throwback movies but.. no one to watch them with. You down?"

When I heard a snap, I looked back at Vanessa and saw half her pencil in her hand, the.. other half.. on the desk.

"Uh I-" Vanessa slowly raised her head and gave me the most fierce glare I've ever seen in my life and it almost had me shaking in my Nike slides. "I'm sorry, I can't. I'm helping Vanessa study for her exams." I said quickly.