I know you, the gleam in your eyes is so familiar a gleam

Author's note: Hope you enjoy!

{ 263 }

After your talk with Demyx, Hayner had gone back to his room and you had gone back to yours. You were reeling from Demyx's confession, but you thought it was adorable. In the time you had known him you wouldn't have thought he'd like anyone that way. Now you were determined to see if Yuffie liked anyone. You clambered into bed ready to go to sleep however you stopped and looked out at the balcony, the clouds were starting to get greyer than normal, snow was coming. You sighed softly, another snowy Christmas but this time the castle was going to be lively with all your friends. You shivered slightly before snuggling under your covers, you reach out and switched your lamp off and falling into a deep sleep.

{ 264 }

Monday had arrived and gone you had all spent the day chatting with your parents and sleeping. Arrangements had been made for Tuesday to go sightseeing around the Kingdom. You were currently sitting in your causal dress waiting for Locke. Your brother was pacing backwards and forwards as Yuffie yawned slightly and put her feet up causing Aqua to clear her throat. Yuffie begrudgingly put her feet down.
"We're not in Destiny Island Yuffie, refrain from being a savage." Ignis mused, Yuffie stuck out her tongue and Rikku giggled,
"stop being unladylike Yuffie." She teased, you all had a laugh until the doors opened and in walked Locke.
"Good morning everyone!" Locke said happily, he walked over to you and Hayner and bowed before gliding next to Cindy and taking her by the hand. "Who is ready to see the whole castle and the Kingdom?" He asked, a gleam in his eyes. Everyone nodded enthusiastically. He nodded and winked at you, "well then, let's get started. Follow me." He announced and began to walk towards the doors.
"Now then, Hollow Bastion Castle was founded almost 500 years ago by the very late Ansem. The prince and princess are his descendants." Locke continued to talk about the castle as everyone looked around and stared at everything. Hayner yawned slightly as they headed through the halls. You linked arms with Serah as Prompto snapped picture after picture. Locke turned back and wrapped his arm around Kairi's shoulder.
"Now as you can see the architecture has remained almost untouched since its original construction." He explained, Kairi's cheeks reddened and you shook your head with a smirk on your lips. Axel's eye began to twitch and Reno was about to jump for Locke however Lightning and Gladiolus grabbed them keeping them still causing Pence and Hayner to start chuckling quietly.
"That would be why it looks so old and boring." Sora sighed sadly, Olette's eyes widened and she elbowed him in the ribs causing him to double over and Zack to laugh. Locke glanced back at them with an eyebrow raised as they walked into another hallway.
"Other that the odd explosion that is." He mused, Sora nodded his head slowly an impressed look on his face.
"Ok less boring." He said, Vanitas shoved him forward and rolled his eyes, everyone began to chat around you as you headed down the hallway.
"Errrmmm Locke... why are there armour stands everywhere? They're kinda creepy." Iris said with a slight whimper. Locke suddenly appeared beside her and wrapped his arm around her.
"They are simply for decoration, however they used to be used as a deterrent to those planning on attacking the castle. It makes it look like we have more guards than we do." He held her close, causing her to blush, "but if you are still worried I'll protect you." He gave her a wink and Gladiolus' eyes narrowed and he clenched his fists. Axel and Reno gave him a smirk and folded their arms.
"Not so funny when it's your sister is it." They said together. Gladiolus shook his head in frustration as Hayner and Pence began laughing again.
"Now if you will follow me through to the Silver hall." He said walking away from the girls and pushing open the door. You and your friends enter a massive hall and all your friends' jaws dropped in awe and wonder.
"This is amazing!" Rikku screamed, Tifa glanced around. The beautiful marble stretched 100 feet out in front of them before reaching a love heart shaped staircase. The handrails were adorned with silver and blue accents swirling all the way to the top. The stairs themselves were consisted of a red carpet following to grand doors at the top.
"Wow. I know where I'd like to get married." She mused, you smiled at her as Serah dragged you around to look at everything. Locke came to a stop in the middle of the room and took Cindy by the hand and began to waltz with her.
"The royal family, host many events here in this hall. It is tradition to dance in these halls and often the family will begin their parties with this very waltz. Cindy you are a wonderful dancer." He said spinning her out and finishing his dance with her causing Terra and Tidus to groan. Locke turned around to face a door. "Many a duke and duchess have entered our halls through those doors." He said, your friends all gawp at the 10 foot jewel encrusted doors with blue and silver once again swirling over to the large marble pillars that skirted the hall. He continued to walk around taking the girls with him.
"As you can see we have many factions that have pledged there allegiance to us." He said, as he waved hand at all of the banners that hang from every other pillar. Noctis came to a stop beside you and Hayner and Pence.
"So, Locke, is gonna continue to flirt with every girl here..." He asked, you nodded and Hayner folded his arms over his chest.
"Just you wait till the Christmas party..." He mused as you all watch Locke tell stories and jokes making all the girls laugh and swoon for him. Minus a couple who were more interested in the sights.
"And now adjacent to the silver hall is as I'm sure you guess is the..." He paused and everyone looked at him.
"Kitchen?" Roxas said, Ven put his hand up.
"Armoury?"
Prompto bounced up and down.
"I know this! Bouncy castle?"
Everyone stared at him and Locke raised his eyebrow before leaning over to Hayner.
"I thought your friends were smart?"
"Academically smart. Common sense smart, no." He laughed, Genesis snorted.
"Speak for yourself."
Locke nodded.
"Quite... no it's the Golden hall." He answered, Prompto nodded.
"Oh that makes sense." He laughed, everyone followed Locke and you trailed at the back with Luna.
"Why is it called the golden hall?" She asked, you smiled.
"You'll see." You answered, Locke pushed open the massive golden doors that lead in, they all stand silently as the light from the other side washes over them. Zexion stepped forward.
"Is that real gold?" He said, the room is the same as the last one but twice the size with deep swirls of gold through the marble floors. Each pillar is draped in grape vines glittering with golden fruits. The doors at the top of the staircase is identical to that of the silver hall with one difference. The doors are twice the size! Beautifully intricate gem designs cover the enormous doors. They all silently glance at {Name} who smiles and points up. There was a big crystal chandelier over 10 feet wide elegantly dangling from the ceiling sparkling in the lights.
"I found heaven." Yuna squealed, Tidus sighed.
"Well. She's never leaving here." He whispered to you causing you to giggle.
"This hall is for our most royal of guests." He said as he continued through the hall.