Life's Like a Road you travel on (2)

Author's note: Part two!

{ 286 }

"This has been such a long day..." Hayner groaned, as Kairi and Olette placed you on a chair and put your leg up on the chair next to you. Pence nodded in agreement as you watched Zack and the others trudge on over before flopping down.
"Yo." Yuffie said, as she carefully picked up your leg and sat down, placing your leg on her lap, with Genesis next to her.
"How are you?" Sora asked, Yuffie shrugged her shoulders.
"Today's been really dull." She whined, Vanille laughed as she sat down next to your brother.
"Are you kidding me, you have sent Vexen into such a rage everyone's avoiding him." She said, Axel nodded.
"As right as Vanille is, it's still been a boring day." He said, Terra leant back on his chair as Luna pulled out a drink.
"Yeah but Selphie's added another injury to {Name}." Ven added, you nodded in agreement as Genesis examined your ankle.
"You know, it's not long till we go and see Hayner and {Name}'s home. That's something to look forward to." He glanced around the group and Kairi sprang to life.
"You are so right!" She clapped her hands together, you shook your head as a smile formed on your lips. Cindy nodded in agreement.
"We get to see Hollow Bastion! And meet Hayner's other sisters." She leant over the table and ruffled his hair laughing slightly. He rolled his eyes and swatted her hand away.
"And we got practice for bench ball Friday." Xion added. Reno opened up a can and passed it to Aqua.
"Oh yeah, you girls excited?" He asked, Paine scoffed and folded her arms.
"Of course we are. We have a chance to win." She explained, you glanced at her.
"Wait, what's happening?" You asked, the group chuckled and Serah smiled at you.
"So, for bench ball we have a tournament in January. And Paine here believes we have a shot at winning as we have Xion this year." She answered, you nodded thoughtfully and Xion's cheeks reddened.
"Don't be modest Xion, we know you're really good sports." Pence grinned at her and she smiled. Everyone began chatting happily with each other as you all ate your lunch until you heard a chorus of girly squeals from the other side of the room. You all glanced around and Olette sighed.
"Looks like, the fan girls have found something exciting." She muttered, everyone nodded in distaste and you all looked over to see Nyx walking through the canteen. You and your brother exchanged confused looks.
"What did you two do this time?" Aqua giggled, you shrugged your shoulders.
"Beats me. We didn't set the science labs on fire." Hayner said earning glares from Rikku, Yuffie and Paine.
"Well, I'm sure you'll find out." Tidus mused, Nyx stopped in front of you and Hayner and you both waved awkwardly.
"Don't worry. Your principal asked to see me." He said, "I just wanted to see if you're actually doing work." He mused as he continued passed. "I guess not."
"It's lunch!" Hayner yelled after him as he left towards the office. You sighed and you stupidly looked over at Selphie.
"Woah, she looks mad." Prompto groaned, you shrugged your shoulders.
"It's not like he's competition and something tells me he has no interest in spoiled junior girls." Yuna said, Demyx raised an eyebrow.
"Could you imagine, Selphie with Nyx." He said thoughtfully, everyone glanced at him with bug eyes and jaws dropped.
"That did not cross your mind mon." Wakka shivered causing Demyx to laugh awkwardly. Ven shoved back his lunch.
"Well, I'm done for today. That is gross." He moaned, you nodded in agreement suddenly put off your food.
"Though that is a question, does he like date?" Rikku asked excitedly, Zack snorted and folded his arms over his chest.
"He's not gonna like you Rikku." He teased, Rikku dived at him and Zack jumped off his seat laughing as she chased him.
"Rikku, leave the poor dork alone. We should investigate." Aqua said with a glint in her eyes.
"I am so out." Noctis said, "besides Nyx would see it from a mile off." He added, you nodded in agreement.
"He has a point, anyway lunch is almost over." Riku said, Hayner glanced over at Riku, Namine, Roxas and Luna.
"You guys have been quiet, what's up?" He asked, you all looked at them. Riku sighed,
"Just doing some work." He said, Namine nodded.
"I just wanted to do some drawing." She said holding her notebook close to her chest you nodded in understanding.
"Okay, what about Roxas and Luna?" Zack asked.
"Roxas was helping me with some planning ideas for the school." She explained giving Roxas' shoulder a squeeze. Roxas nodded slightly as the bell went off.
"Yeah... anyway bells gone, we'll see you guys later." He said, you all began saying your goodbye's before heading off to your last couple of classes.

{ 287 }

"Hello class! I hope you had a good rest, this term you have a little break. We will be focusing on improvisations and getting to know our class better." Marluxia explained, you pulled your knees up to your chest and sighed softly as Marluxia continued to talk. You had begun to daydream and completely oblivious to the class until Kairi whacked your arm.
"Hey!" You yelped and you glared at her as she gave you a smirk.
"Ah, {Name} and Kairi perfect up you get into the space." Marluxia said, you glanced around the room and Selphie was giggling with her minions as you both got up.
"Uh, what are we doing?" You asked, Kairi rolled her eyes and folded her arms as Seifer and his friends laughed. Marluxia sighed and ran his hand through his hair before flicking it over his shoulder.
"You are about to act out a scene, a prince and princess hopelessly in love but destined to be apart. You must be as over dramatic as possible." He explained, your jaw dropped and you turned to Kairi who was grinning like the Cheshire cat. You shook your head and Marluxia clapped his hands together. "Begin."
You dropped to one knee and held out your hand whilst your other hand went to your heart.
"Oh my beautiful princess! How my heart beats for only you! Your beauty reflects the dazzling moon! Oh my princess please we must run away together!" You deepened your voice and dramatically posed for Kairi, Kairi's eyes widened and your brother, Pence and Sora began to chuckle. Kairi brought her hand up to her forehead and looked away from you as she held out her other hand for you.
"Oh my prince! How my heart cannot contain its feelings for you! You shine like the sun and warm my heart! But we cannot! We have no way to travel!" She wailed, you stood up and took her hand.
"My princess I shall carry you!" You declared, Kairi shook her head dramatically as the class laughed.
"But we have no money! It will not work!" She cried, you twirled her into you and she let out a squeak as you dipped her down.
"My princess fear not for we shall dance, we will dance together and win the grand prize." You mused, Kairi fluttered her eyes at you and you spun her up and she leant against you and slid down you causing your eyes to widen slightly. A few cat calls came from the boys and Hayner frowned and folded his arms as Riku and Sora glared at Seifer's group. Vanitas was sat at the back, he was quite enjoying the performance until Seifer's whistling and Selphie's rude comments. However you and Kairi continued having a great laugh.
"My prince! Take me away!" She dove into your arms and you let out a manly squeak as you caught her but because of your injured ankle you still fell to the floor. The two of you broke character and began to laugh and Marluxia stood up smiling.
"Beautiful. Well done both of you." He turned to the rest of the class as you both got up and headed back to the floor. "Now who is next?!" 

{ 288 }

Selphie stormed towards you as you made it into History class. You inhaled and Namine gripped your arm tightly.
"What does she want?" Namine whispered.
"No idea." You said as Iris followed Selphie frantically.
"Come on Selphie it's only a mark! We've still got other assessments for the rest of the grade." Iris yelped.
"{Name}! Thanks to you I got a bad mark! It's all your fault!" Selphie screamed, you sighed as she stopped in front of you.
"Selphie, I'm not gonna lie to you. Xaldin is smart enough to know whether or not you put in any work. Also if you recall we did try to give you extra stuff to do." You explained, Selphie scoffed and Namine let out a squeak.
"Thank you {Name}. You are correct. Selphie you did not show up to their extra sessions nor did you show up to class during the free time given to each group. Your grade reflects the effort you put in." Xaldin was stood behind you and you glanced up at Xaldin and gave a small awkward wave as Selphie's cheeks turned bright red. She let out a huff and stormed back to her seat. You went and sat down next to Hayner who patted your back before sending all his glares over to Selphie.
"Now then class, this term we will be focusing on two different case studies. One of these you will choose for your essay next term." Xaldin explained, you glanced around the room and everyone was looking miserable. "Now we shall begin. Get out your pens and paper, you'll need to be taking notes." He said, you all did as you were told and settled into working as you waited for the hour to pass and for it to be the end of school.

Winter here!
Hope you have enjoyed this chapter!
See you next time!
Love