Who do you think of? When you're lonely.

Authors note: okayyyy I'm back!!! It has been in interesting 2019 thus far! But anyways enjoy! One result!

{ 306 }

The weekend went by in a blur and you were on house arrest from fighting with Selphie. Word, of your suspension, had reached Nyx and Fran and they promised not to tell your parents if you'd do as you were told over the weekend. 
"So are you excited to have freedom today?" Hayner asked as you tied up your shoe laces.
"Yeah." You said giving your brother a smile. Hayner nodded,
"good because I can't deal with the guys and the girls pining over you." He mused, he helped you up and the two of you headed to the door.
"Oh. Hayner, {Name}. Tonight you're not going out." Fran said poking her head around the kitchen door.
"What? But I'm free." You whined, Fran smiled sweetly.
"Yes but the mayor has requested to have a meal with you both. Come home from school straight away and we will go." She said, your shoulders slumped and Hayner slapped his forehead.
"Well today is gonna suck." He said as the two of you headed to school.

{ 307 }

"{NAME} I'M SO GLAD YOU'RE BACK!" Xion wailed clinging to you, you laughed a little and Sora pulled Xion off you before engulfing you in a hug.
"Geez, it's like she's been gone forever or something." Pence chuckled, Riku placed a hand on his hip.
"It has been a lot quieter." He said, you shook your head.
"You had my brother, how quiet did it really get?" You said, Kairi poked your cheek and patted Sora away from you.
"Oh don't worry he was getting into trouble without you here." She giggled, Namine nodded in agreement.
"Ventus and Hayner flooded the cooking room." Olette said slyly, Hayner folded his arms and stuck his nose up in the air.
"You have no proof it was us."
"They aren't the only ones getting into trouble." Roxas added, Ven sighed.
"And here they come now." He mused,
"{Name}!" You were tackled to the ground by an overly excited Demyx, Genesis and Zexion stopped above you and sighed.
"We're very sorry." Genesis scowled at Demyx, who chuckled and helped you up.
"How are you {Name}?" Zexion asked, as you dusted yourself off as Yuffie and Serah appeared leaning against you.
"Pretty good. So who is been causing trouble?"
"That would be us." Zack said proudly as he Terra, Reno, Axel and Rikku appeared.
"What did you do?" You asked, Terra sighed and ran his hands through his hair.
"Let's just say we're on Vexen's hate list."
"He does have one." Paine appeared behind you.
"We may have broke down a door, rough housing, got it memorised." Axel said folding his arms, you raised an eyebrow.
"Then what about Rikku?" You asked, her cheeks reddened and Cindy laughed.
"She dropped her pasta bake on him, she tripped down the stairs and fell right into him." She explained, everyone chuckled.
"you guys definitely had a good few days." You said your eyes lowering to the ground. Hayner quickly shook your shoulders.
"But now the gangs all here! Let's have a blast!" He said smiling brightly at you, you smiled gratefully as the bell went.
"To class we go!" Sora cheered, and you all headed into the school. 

{ 308 }

The evening had arrived and you tugged at your dress as you trudged down the street.
"Hayner be on your best behaviour." Nyx warned, Hayner stared up at him.
"What about her?!" He protested you raised an eyebrow.
"She has a name." You moaned Fran chuckled and poked his forehead.
"She only picks fights with Selphie. You fight the mayor's son." She explained.
"Point taken." Hayner grumbled. The four of you came to a stop outside a mansion.
"Wow." Hayner said, you rolled your eyes as you glanced at yourself once more.
"Do I really need to wear this?" You asked, Fran gave you a coy smile.
"Why certainly. I haven't seen you wear anything nice in a while." She said, Nyx chuckled.
"What's that supposed to mean."
"She means, you've been in school wear and you wear practically the same as your brother most days." Nyx said, Hayner nodded in agreement.
"Yeah, you're enjoying this whole casual thing on destiny island." He mused, you rolled your eyes.
"So? I never liked wearing fancy stuff at home, but I had to."
"Exactly, so on this rare special occasion you can wear something more formal." Nyx said, he knocked on the door and Fran shuffled awkwardly.
"What's the matter with her?" Hayner asked you glanced at the older woman and you noticed her cheeks were red.
"Huh... I'll be damned." You said, Hayner glanced at you and you shooed him away, "I'll explain when you're older." You teased as the door opened to reveal Balthier, he bowed quickly.
"Good evening all."
You all said your hellos, and Balthier gestured inside, you all followed him and you sighed softly, as you passed a full length mirror. Hayner offered his arm and you took it, grateful to have something to hold onto through this.
"Ah welcome, young prince and princess." Xehanort's voice echoed through the dining room. You glanced around and tightened your grip on Hayner as you spotted Seifer standing next to Xehanort. Hayner tensed and Nyx exhaled slowly before bowing.
"Master Xehanort, it is a pleasure. May I present Princess {Name} and Prince {Hayner}." He said, the two of you stayed still and nodded curtly. Xehanort glanced at his son and then back at you two. Seifer walked towards you both and Hayner gripped you tightly. Fran cleared her throat, and Hayner glanced at you and then at Seifer who was standing in front of you with his hand extended.
"Hayner." Nyx ground out, he slowly released your arm and you gave him a sad look as Seifer took your arm and led you to a seat. Hayner followed with Fran, Nyx, and Balthier.
"You look beautiful..." Seifer said quietly, you didn't respond but nodded slightly as he pulled out a chair and let you sit down. Tonight was going to be a long night.

{ 309 }

The night was going slowly, as Xehanort talked about himself and his son. Hayner was struggling to stay awake, and you were getting bored. Nyx let out a forced laugh at one of Xehanort's jokes and Fran was pre-occupied with Balthier.
"My dear princess, how are you and my son getting on?" Xehanort asked, you stopped poking your food and glanced up at him, as Hayner snapped to attention his eyes turning to Seifer, who gave him a smirk before turning to you. You licked your lip in annoyance before turning to Xehanort with a small smile.
"Well, we are in a few classes together, but we don't really hang out." You explained, Xehanort raised an eyebrow.
"But of course, perhaps from now on we will see you more, princess?" He asked, you glanced at Nyx and Fran.
"I'm sure we can make some arrangements, but we would like the princess to focus on her studies as that is important to her." Nyx assured everyone, you sighed in relief but you could see Hayner's amused smirk. Seifer sighed and Xehanort nodded.
"I understand, but Seifer my child you most certainly need to accompany the young princess to the Winter Ball you have at school." Your eyes widened and Hayner stood up. Nyx tried to get him to sit down but it was no use.
"That would be great but she's already going with someone." He said, Xehanort's eyes narrowed and Hayner glanced at you. "She's going with her girls. They're all going together." He added, the tension disappeared and Xehanort nodded.
"I see, very well then. You must save a dance for my son."
You all got back to eating your meal, and you smiled at your brother gratefully, but for some reason you seemed almost disappointed in his statement. 

{ Results }

Vanitas
You were heading towards ICT when you felt someone grab you wrist, your eyes widened as you were dragged into an empty corridor. You were pressed against the wall and you stared up at Vanitas.
"What are you doing?" you demanded, you felt his grip lessen and he took a step back.
"I'm sorry I couldn't do anything." He said, you raised an eyebrow and tilted your head to the side.
"Vanitas... it's not your fault." You said, Vanitas rolled his eyes.
"Would you just accept I'm actually apologising to you." He said, you shook your head and reached for his hand, his body tensed as you gripped his hand.
"Vanitas, you protected Kairi too. When will you accept that you'd rather be with all of us than on your own." You said, Vanitas blinked before he raked his hand through his hair.
"You really are trouble..." He whispered, he pulled his hand out of yours and you lowered your gaze. "Come on... let's get to class."
A clatter caused you both to snap your heads up but nothing was there, until Sa'ix appeared and looked at you both. He closed his eyes and pinched the bridge of his nose.
"Get to class and I'll pretend I saw nothing." He carried on his way to class and the two of you blushed before heading out towards the class room. 

Winter here
Hope you have enjoyed
Love