Keith x OC - See Me

Magsimula sa umpisa

My steps evened out as I trekked onwards and I lowered my head to look to my shoes as I maneuvered through the mass of people around me with expert movements, making quick work up a narrow set of stairs, pushing through the double doors that divided me from the next hallway and slipping into my class without a hitch.

I risked a glance up as I paused by the doorway and-

Oh, thank God.

I'd managed to get here before he did.

That was good at least.

Now no longer threatened by the thought of him being there (I knew for a fact he never actually waited for me or anything like that, I was sure he probably didn't care about my existence, but it sure felt like it to me). I sat down with a heavy sigh, back pressing into the cold plastic of the chair under me, my eyes catching the sun glinting in from between the clouds outside. The desk I'd managed to nab before other students began trickling in sat next to a large window that looked out over the small courtyard below, the shade from a few trees making a collage of light on the grass, and I could faintly imagine birds chirping quietly in the branches, some basking in the warmth of the summer sun.

It was a beautiful day.

Why was I in school again?

Stuck drumming my pencil against the desk for who knows how long while I waited for class to start, (when did I even grab it?) I froze when the sound of a heavy bag hitting the floor behind me suddenly met my ear.

My eyes widened.

I recognized that sound. He always threw his bag to the floor when he got to this class, whether it was from anger, dull numbness, or the sick impatience to get this class done and over with I'll never know.

But that was beside the point.

It was him.

He was here.

Why the heck was I getting so nervous about this? It was just a guy.

A ah (gulp) very cute guy-

But-

Risking a look behind me, I swallowed, catching sight of the dark hair and pale complexion before he looked up meeting my eyes and my brain stopped dead in its tracks-

Wasn't I supposed to be annoyed by this guy?

Wasn't he annoying?

Wasn't I supposed to be upset about that?

What was I thinking?

"It's a- a really pretty day outside," ah yes, of course it is, he can see that.

Stupid.

I watched him give a halfhearted shrug at my (quite frankly) stupid comment, diverting his attention down to his bag, attempting to dig something (presumably a sketchbook-

What? I know things!) from the depths of the backpack, finally slapping the book on his desk before diverting his attention to the nearby window without once looking back in my direction.

Ah, yeah, now I know why he's annoying.

Well, I was already talking, why stop?

The bell rang.

Our teacher still hasn't come into the room.

I've still got time.

"I just can't wait for school to be over today, I don't know, it's something to do with how nice it is outside, I don't want a good day to go to waste, you know?" Completely and utterly the truth, I mean, for once it was nice outside, why were we in school? I'd much rather play with my siblings than sit here in this stuffy room.

But, then again, I wouldn't see him if that happened.

Reeling myself back in from my sudden word blurb, I watched Keith give a near-silent hum, resting his chin on his hand, still looking out the window, and I could see the bright reflection of the blue sky in his dark eyes.

"I mean-"

"Look, I'm having an off day, so can you just leave me alone for once?"

I snapped my mouth shut at that.

That- that stung.

He turned back to the window, lips pressed in a thin line, suddenly looking a lot more stressed than I usually saw him.

I turned around back in my seat, just as the teacher finally walked into the room, clapping his hands together loudly to get our attention.

I stared at my desk.

Clenched my fists as Keith's words again echoed in my head.

Just leave me alone.

Well then-

Leave me alone.

He wanted to act like that?

Alone.

Fine.

But there was no way he was getting rid of me that easily.

...

Brought to you by ChisLoredana who requested a Keith x reader oneshot where our emo boy is being his best kind of emo and the reader *cough, cough* oc *cough* is bright and bubbly, though I did tone that happiness down through your average everyday crush ^-^

But, to be completely honest, I feel I probably could've done a little better on this, but then again, I had absolutely no idea what to do about the whole little mini.... Plot...... blurb...... thingy beside just how the characters were supposed to act, (not blaming you, hun, my creative juices were just at a loss for what to do!).

But, all-in-all, not bad? I hope?