Chapter Nine

Scott stumbled towards his house, all the lights were out and the driveway was empty. He sighed in relief, "Mom must've gone work. Phew..."

He pulled out his keys with his free hand and unlocked the door, slamming it behind him as he skulked up the stairs. His side felt like it was on fire, causing Scott to feel feverish.

He hurriedly grabbed some bandages from the medicine cabinet and stuck them over the bite, hoping it would stop the bleeding.

A short while later he slumped down on his bed, his body drenched in a cold sweat. Scott groaned as his side began to hurt even more. A sudden realisation dawned on him, "That wolf better not be rabid..."

Scott fell into a fitful sleep, tossing and turning all night long. A sliver of the moon's light shone in through the window, illuminating Scott's bed as he slept.

~~~~~~~~
Scott woke up with a start, peeling his hair off of his face. He shivered, his clothes were stuck to him.

Scott lifted up his shirt and slowly peeled the bandage away, he winced. His eyes widened when he saw there was nothing there, only a little blood on the bandages. His skin was fine, no scars or anything.

He ripped off the bandage completely and wandered into the bathroom, tossing it into the bin.

Quickly he got ready for school, pulling on some new clothes and combing his hair. Scott grabbed his backpack and headed out the door, eager to talk to Stiles.

He knew the house was empty, as his mom had work early at the hospital. Scott locked the door and looked up at the sound of a horn beeping as a blue jeep pulled up next to the curb, the window rolled down and he was met with Stiles's face with a grin on it, he motioned him over. "C'mon! We're gonna be late!"

Scott jogged over and slid into the passenger seat door, Stiles did the window up.

Stiles spun the steering wheel around and they drove off, Scott tapped his knuckles against the window as he waited in anticipation to tell Stiles what had happened to him the night before. He was still freaked out, his free hand kept touching the place where the injury was the night before, it felt normal now. It was such a strange feeling he thought as they drove.