Chapter Thirteen

Newt and Malia slowly turned to the door. The figure's face was hidden by a black hood. The metal of the gun shone in the hall light.

Newt felt Malia tense beside him, he grabbed her hand and squeezed it. A kind gesture to calm her down. Newt felt anxious, if he let Malia attack it would call the attention of many guards.

Malia calmed down, he felt her claws retract. She spoke, her voice tight with restrained anger, "What do you want?.."

The figure spoke, it had a male voice. "I'm here for Scott. And Stiles. Let me through Malia."

Malia suddenly relaxed, the voice seeming familiar. The figure threw back his hood. Revealing none other than Argent. "Argent!" Malia seemed shocked.

Newt blinked. "Who?.." Newt was perplexed. Malia whirled back around. "Long story short, the guy you're looking for, Scott. He and Argent's daughter Allison were together until..." She shook her head. "He's here to help Scott, which means he can help you too."

Newt shrugged, as though it was the simplest task in the world. "Well, only you know where he is Malia. So why don't you lead the way?"

The stranger- Argent, Newt noted his name, spoke. "If you go this way you're going to run straight into guards. You'd be better off sneaking in through the dumbwaiter."

Newt folded his arms. "How do you suppose we do that? The nearest entrance is in the basement, that'll be impossible to get to."

Argent pulled up his hood and strolled toward the other doors. "Nothing's impossible."

He kicked open the door and the trio entered the next hallway...