Chapter Thirty Two

A short while later the group arrived outside the lab. Only a few people were inside, their minds engrossed in "finding a cure." Thomas scoffed, There may not be a cure, if there was, you'd have found one by now.

The scientists were dealt with a few blows to the head from Liam and Minho. For good measure, Minho continued to thrash the guy with his fists before dealing a kick to his guy after he stood up.

The ache Thomas felt in his bones was gradually fading away, much to his relief. He looked up at Newt, as he helped him walk towards the window.

"What now? How do we break this thing?" Liam knocked on the glass, after a few taps, everyone realised it was bulletproof.

Lydia tapped away at the tablet, her lips pursing in thought. She passed the tablet to Malia, gesturing for everyone to move backwards.

Thomas gently pushed Newt away, having regained the strength to stand by himself, he moved backwards, the rest of the group formed a line, Lydia moved in front of the glass, clearing her throat.

Lydia began to scream. Soundwaves slammed into the glass, with such force it cracked. Thomas noticed Scott tensing up, his eyes looking towards the door. The rest of his pack seemed alert too. Guards? Or worse?

Lydia's screams drowned out sounds beyond the door, as the glass began to splinter. Suddenly the door was thrown open. And the lone figure leaning against the door frame, was none other than Argent. A pistol in his hand, one hand clutching a dripping crimson rag. His eyes drifted towards Lydia, his face twisting into a grimace, as the sound reached his ears. 

Thomas's eardrums rang loudly, sounds of gunfire drew his attention. Lydia stopped screaming, as the window smashed.

Thunderous footsteps pounded down the hallway. At least two dozen guards were headed towards them.