Chapter Eleven

Thomas kept glancing at Scott, who seemed distant. He cleared his throat and returned his gaze back to the busy road. The route to the school was familiar to him, he was still unsure how.

Scott snapped out of his daydream and turned to Thomas, "So did you get caught yesterday?" Thomas nodded, his tone seemed glum. "I've been grounded for a month. Even though we're the ones that found the Jane Doe..."

They pulled up outside the school, Thomas had to restrain himself from grabbing Scott and checking him from injuries, it was clear something was up with Scott.

He was drenched in sweat and kept zoning out. Thomas called out his name, "Hey! Scott!" There was no reply.

Thomas frowned, before unlocking the doors to the jeep and pushing Scott out, headfirst.

Scott let out a grumble as he landed. Sitting up he ran a hand through his hair, "Sorry dude... I didn't get any sleep last night."

Thomas helped him up and locked the jeep, stuffing the keys into his pocket. Scott shrugged on his backpack and the pair walked into the school. Thomas felt skeptical towards the fact he hadn't got any sleep, Scott seemed off. Thomas made it his mission to find a way out of this strange place that seemed so familiar- and to find out what was up with his best friend.

Thomas restrained himself from slapping himself across the head- his best friend was Newt. Whoever this stiles person was, that clearly looked like Thomas, was Scott's best friend.

He was still haunted by a weird feeling, as though he had been through all of this before, he kept seeing flashes of me memories, never enough to piece together.

He sat through chemistry, frustratingly highlighting his textbook. In an effort to concentrate and figure out what was happening to him.

He jumped in surprise as the bell rang. Everyone hurried out the classroom leaving Thomas alone with Scott in the room.