Chapter Three

Thomas groaned as there was a sudden pain behind his eyes, he squeezed them closed as he felt the sensation that he was falling, he felt tired and his limbs began to ache. There was a pounding in his head as his eyes suddenly snapped open.

He stumbled backwards into something hard, with a glance over his shoulder he noticed it was a locker. There was a voice beside him, "Stiles you okay there dude?" Thomas turned around almost bumping into the boy next to him. Casually he leant against the locker, in a manner which felt familiar. Thomas nodded, unsure why the stranger was calling him Stiles.

"Uh-yeah I-I'm fine..." Thomas responded. The boy in front of him grinned and opened his locker, grabbing a chemistry textbook. Thomas decided to do the same, guessing the locker code. It was right on the first try.

Thomas was shocked, among other things he was feeling- confusion mostly. About where he was and why he was being called Stiles.

Somehow the place he was in felt familiar. He racked his brain about the previous moments before his blackout, one sentence echoed in his mind "Meeting people from your past..." Thomas almost dropped his textbook in surprise, somehow he must be in his past. Thomas felt a little odd, as though he was in a dream but he was awake.

"Wicked... What have they done?" He muttered, slamming his locker closed. "What did you say Stiles?" The boy-his friend he quickly realised- was looking at him, raising an eyebrow.
Thomas coughed, "Oh-er nothing. Just revising equations you know, speed equals time divided speed multiplied by one." Suddenly his friend's name sprang into his mind, he was called Scott-Scott McCall.
"Stiles? What's that?" He asked. The boy in front of him laughed. "Funny joke dude. How late did you stay up last night? It's your name." Thomas blinked in confusion. "Did I get the equation right at least?"
Scott laughed, "C'mon Stiles, it's time divided by speed there is no multiplying. Even you should know that."

Suddenly a shrill noise pierced through the hallway, the bell was ringing signalling the students to get to class.

Thomas shrugged on his backpack and followed Scott through the crowd of people towards their chemistry classroom.

When they walked in, Thomas made his way to his seat almost on auto-pilot. It seemed that he also knew the names of everyone in his class too, and the school buildings.

He sat down at his desk and put down the textbook. Scott sat down in the desk in front of him as Thomas looked at the chalkboard. There were equations written on the board and the word Test circled in the centre of it.

Thomas blinked, unsure what to do. He had an idea of where he was but how he got there, he was uncertain. As the teacher began handing out the tests, a girl walked into the classroom. Her brown hair tumbling down her shoulders.

With a quick glance at Scott, he caught him staring at the girl. The teacher spotted her standing at the door and nodded in her direction. "Class, this is Allison Argent. She's a new student and I trust you'll all make her feel welcome."

The teacher looked around the classroom, "Allison, you can take a seat in front of Mr. McCall there. McCall put your hand up.

Thomas stifled a laugh at how quickly Scott put his hand up. The girl- Allison smiled and made her way over to the desk in front of him.

The teacher continued giving out the tests. Thomas glanced down at the paper, the questions made little sense to him. Somewhere in the back of his mind, he knew the answers. He felt a sense of deja vu as he picked up a pen.

He heard hushed whispers in front of him, Thomas looked up to see Allison talking to Scott. Thomas pushed his test forwards on the desk and casually leant closer, trying to hear the conversation.

Allison spoke to Scott, "Hey. Do you have a pen? I forgot most of my things in my dad's car..." Scott pulled out a pen from his pocket before handing it over. "I'm Scott, by the way." The teacher up front cleared his throat and stared in their direction.

Allison smiled and turned back to her desk. There was the sound of pages turning as the teacher spoke. "Start your tests. You have an hour."

Thomas scribbled down answers. Something was bugging him, he knew all the correct ones it seemed. His memories were slowly starting to clear in his mind.

With a sigh Thomas began to answer the test. "This is going to be a long day..." He mumbled.