Chapter Twenty Five

Thomas stumbled backwards as Scott leapt from his spot on the bleachers. His eyes were inhumane.

Thomas knew from the look in Scott's eyes that he couldn't fight him off. The only thing he could do was run. And keep Scott away from other people.

Thomas hurried up the bleachers, his feet pounding on the metal steps. A growl behind him told Thomas that his friend was getting closer.

"Scott! Snap out of it! People are gonna see you! What if Allison sees you?!" He hissed. Mentioning Allison seemed to make Scott angrier. He leapt upwards to Thomas. Scott growled.

"Don't say her name!" Venom dripped from his voice. He edged closer to Thomas. Claws extended. A menacing glare set on his face.

It was as though a switch had flipped inside him, Thomas thought. He was running out of room to back up. The edge of the bleacher stand mere centimetres away. He was unsteady.

Scott snarled and swung an arm out towards Thomas. He leant backwards. Scott's claws sliced through the air, a hairsbreadth away from Thomas's throat.

Thomas stood still. He could not move back any further. His eyes searched around for anything to grab on to. Nearby lay a discarded lacrosse stick.

Scott leapt at Thomas. His claws outstretched for his throat. Thomas pivoted and leapt for the lacrosse stick. He landed with a thud on the bleacher above, his fingers clasping around the stick.

He rolled onto his back to see Scott climbing on top of him. He was ready to kill Thomas.

Thomas swung the stick as hard as he could. It smashed into the side of Scott's head, sending him sprawling backward with a groan. Thomas felt apathetic towards Scott. His mood had shifted into something so monstrous it was difficult for Thomas to apprehend.

His mind was whirling. Scott lay unconscious on the metal bench, blood trickling from the gash on his temple.

Thomas held the stick tightly, turning away. "What to do... What to do..." His train of thought was cut off as something sharp wrapped around his leg. Like pinpricks, pain exploded in his ankle as skin and muscle tore. Thomas whipped his head round to see Scott digging his claws into Thomas's ankle.

"Scott-Scott! Let go!" Scott ignored his pleas and tightened his grip on Thomas. Pain exploded in his nerves as his leg was being crushed.

Thomas shouted. "Allison will hate you if you do this! Stop it!" Scott's grip tightened again. The mention of Allison making him angrier.

Scott stood up, still holding on to Thomas. Thomas groaned as his back hit the bleachers, Scott held Thomas so his world was upside down. He was dangling by his now broken ankle.

With a roar Scott threw Thomas, off of the bleachers. Spiralling down to the floor with a yell.

The ground hit him like a brick wall. His head collided with a stone. Pain exploded behind his eyes as he became blinded.

Everything fell into darkness.