Chapter 56

Chapter 56

*Amelia's pov*

I was trying to process everything Jonghyun had explained during the car ride, but no matter how hard I tried, it just didn't make sense.

I had a million questions on my mind, but the first one that came out of my mouth was one I had not been expecting.

"Does Minhyun know? Wait... does Sungwoon know?!"

Jonghyun's head whipped to face me, and his eyes were wide in slight surprise. I guess he hadn't been expecting that question, either.

"I don't know. To be honest, it's all pretty new to me too, and I know Minhyun had no idea before any of this happened. Whether they were able to inform him, or if he's still clueless to it all, I really don't know. As for Sungwoon hyung, he knows enough... but I have a feeling he doesn't know all of tonight's plan," he said slowly, and I nodded my head. "I just hope Minhyun isn't freaking out too much... it could ruin everything..."

"Knowing Minhyun, he's either figured it out, or is going along with whatever they're doing, even if he has no idea what's going on," I chuckled lightly before letting out a sigh. "Sungwoon on the other hand... he might not react well once he realizes the real plan..."

"Well, hopefully that's not the case. I think Minhyun and Sungwoon are both smart enough to realize the danger of this situation... hopefully he'll just go along with it until it's over, and then freak out on us," Jonghyun sighed, and Jihoon tapped my arm.

"Noona, are you comfortable with this?" He asked, glancing back and forth between me and Jonghyun. "You know we promised to connect with the control room, and they aren't going to be pleased..."

"It doesn't matter if I'm comfortable or not with it... the real issue is how much Hyunbin and the rest of the control room are going to kill me after this," I shrugged, and Jihoon gave me an unsure look. "They can't do anything. This has to end today, and if this plan is our best shot, then I honestly don't give a fuck if the control room will be pleased or not," I told him, and from besides me, Jonghyun nodded.

"Jihoon-ah, you have to understand we would never want to put our leadernim through this if we had no other choice," he said to the younger boy, who let out a sigh.

"I just don't want you getting hurt," he muttered quietly, and I bit my lip, reaching out to pat his shoulder.

"I'll be fine, okay? Besides, I know you're right here, and if anything goes wrong, I have faith in you to come help me out," I said, and Jonghyun smiled softly. "You'll protect me if I need it, right?" I asked, trying to hide my smile when Jihoon scoffed loudly, falling back against his seat.

"That's a stupid question. You already know I will..."

"See, then there's nothing to worry about. Plus, I highly doubt there's any chance of me getting any injury that amounts to any of  the hell Minhyun has been through today. We have to remember that we're here to rescue our friends, and I honestly care more about their safety than whether or not I'm comfortable with this plan."

Jihoon let out a sigh, glancing down at his lap. "I know, I'm sorry..."

"Hey, don't apologize. I get it, this is scary stuff," I said. "But I promise I'll be okay... and hopefully by the end of this, so will Minhyun, Sungwoon, and even Jaehwan..." I added, more for my sake than Jihoon's sake.

As much as I was trying to reassure him that everything was fine, I wasn't stupid enough to completely believe the plan would guarantee our success. On the ride over to the shipyard, Jonghyun explained to us that Choi Minki, aka Ren from Nu'est was actually a member of the CYA, and he had been the friend MInhyun had spoken about before... the one who couldn't escape due to his family ties.

It was hard to comprehend the whole situation because it seemed weird how the CYA didn't constantly go after Minhyun, even though he was in the same group as a Choi family member. According to Jonghyun, the CYA had a policy that stated they couldn't physically go after anyone in the hallyu spotlight, but even then, it seemed a little suspicious that Minhyun had felt comfortable enough to stay at Pledis.

I wanted to ask questions, but I knew Jonghyun wouldn't have the answers, and we definitely didn't have the time. I took a deep breath, making a mental note to ask Minki once all of this was over.

"Alright, I guess it's time. Wish me luck," I said to the boys, smiling weakly as a nauseous look washed over Jihoon's expression.

"Noona, please be safe," he whispered, and I nodded. "Promise me you'll be safe."

"I promise. I'll see you later, and I'll have Minhyun and Sungwoon with me, okay?" I said softly, and he bit his lip, but nodded. I glanced over at Jonghyun, who nodded lightly. "Alright, connect me to the control room. This ends tonight, and I'll be damned if I allow Mason Choi to walk away freely."

*

"Well, well, well, if it isn't Amelia Kim," the voice I've grown to resent laughed as I neared the group of highly armed men. "Glad you were able to make it."

"I apologize if I'm late," I said, shrugging slightly. "I was kind of halfway across the world."

"Oh, dear, don't apologize to me. I wasn't the one suffering. Your boy toy on the other hand... it's truly a shame what our poor Minhyunnie has been through these past few days," he sighed in mock sympathy. "And to think it was all done by your best friend. Were you surprised to find out what Ha Sungwoon was doing behind your back?" he asked, and I immediately feigned innocence.

"Ha Sungwoon? What does he have to do with this..."

"Don't act like I'm stupid!" he yelled, cutting me off. "Don't act like I don't know that Ha Sungwoon was sent to be a double agent! Did you really think I'd be dumb enough to believe he came to my side because he wanted to?"

"Whatever Ha Sungwoon has done, he did on his own accord. The Company takes no responsibility for any of his actions, especially if he's acting as a traitor. Although, I'm not too surprised he has taken on the life of a turncoat."

"Oh, and do tell me why," Mason Choi smirked, and I glanced behind him, just in time to see Sungwoon and Minki making their way towards the group, carrying a passed out Minhyun.

"Because," I said loud enough to catch Sungwoon's attention. "He is just like his mother."

Despite the distance between us, I could see the confusion on Sungwoon's features as his eyebrows furrowed slightly. Just as our eyes met, I looked back at Mason Choi, who had an unreadable expression on his face.

"I'm a bit surprised, Miss Kim," he began, slowly walking towards me. "I truly believed you had more faith in your dear friend, Sungwoon... but to say he's just like his mother? That's a bit harsh, don't you think?"

"No, I don't think so," I shot back, taking a step forward.

"Oh, really? So you believe Ha Sungwoon is a good for nothing bitch who has used his family name to get him where he is today?"

"I mean, if we're going by that definition, then that just kind of sounds like you're describing yourself..."

"Amelia," a voice scolded in my ear. "Stand down," Hyunbin said sharply, and I silently apologized in my mind before reaching up to my ear, pulling the earpiece out. I threw it onto the ground, stomping down hard on it, ensuring that it was completely broken.

"Let's cut the bullshit, Choi. I'm here for one reason, and one reason only," I said, motioning in Sungwoon, Minki, and Minhyun's direction.

"Miss Kim is becoming quite bold," he cackled, glancing around at his men. "How cute," he sneered before focusing his gaze back on me. "Answer my question first. Is Ha Sungwoon a completely useless bitch, just like his mother?"

I glanced over at Sungwoon once more before a smirk grew on my lips.

"Actually, I believe he is the exact opposite... and so is Mrs. Ha," I grinned as a small cylinder rolled towards the center of the group.

Mason Choi looked down at the cylinder, and just as his eyes widened in realization, a loud bang sounded, and the cylinder exploded into a cloud of smoke.