Chapter 44

*Sweats nervously as I realize how much of this story I have left to write. The boys will probably all be doing their own things by the time I finish this*

Chapter 44

"Good morning," I glanced up just in time to see Hyunbin freeze as he took in the state of my office. "Um, rough morning?" he asked, hesitantly, looking around with wide eyes.

I looked up at him, smiling tiredly. "I guess you could say that," I joked, glancing over at Minhyun, who was sound asleep on one of the sofas.

I felt bad for keeping Minhyun up so late on his only day off, but he kept insisting that he was fine. A little before 5am, I noticed him struggling to stay awake, and since I knew he was just as stubborn as me, if not moreso, I strategically moved our work station over to the sofas, and by 5:15, he was, thankfully, out like a light. I was hoping to allow him a few more hours of rest before we needed his help again, but there was also a small part of me that wanted to let him sleep as long as possible. I think it was because of how adorable and innocent he looked while sleeping; the sight just made my heart absolutely melt to pieces.

I glanced back over at Hyunbin, my eyes widening slightly as I noticed the similar objects occupying both of his hands. "Is that coffee?"

He blinked a few times before shaking his head quickly, chuckling a bit. "Yeah, I just had a hunch that you'd need some this morning. Wasn't expecting Hyun to be here too, but I guess he doesn't really need one, now does he," he added, lightly, walking into my office. He handed me one of the cups, and I nodded my head in gratitude before carefully taking a sip. "What the hell happened here?" he asked, looking around in pure disbelief. "I can't imagine you and Minhyun made this mess... unless you two are into some really freaky shit," he joked, making me choke on my drink.

"Fuck," I hissed, coughing a few times as the hot liquid burned my throat. I beat my fist against my chest, and when I finally caught my breath, I shot him a glare. "Lee Hyunbin-ssi..."

Hyunbin chuckled, throwing his hands up in defense. "Hey, I don't know what you two do in your freetime. I mean, I would be a little surprised if you told me Hwang Minhyun was into that kind of stuff, but then again, I don't know what you're into..."

"Shut up," I cut him off, banging my head against my desk. "Shut up! We are so not having this talk right now," I whined, earning a laugh from him.

"Okay, okay, I'll drop it. But seriously, what the hell happened in here? It looks like a tornado came raging through here, and I can guarantee you didn't do this..."

I let out a sigh, leaning back in my chair. "Someone broke into my office, and I think I know who," I said, and his eyes widened.

"Who?" he asked, and I bit my lip.

"I don't want to say until I'm 110% certain that I'm correct with my assumption. I don't want to falsely accuse anyone."

"Well what evidence do you have that suggests it's that person? Maybe I can figure out so it's not like you're accusing anyone... it would be us just having the same opinion on the matter," he suggested, and I thought about it for a moment before nodding.

"Alright, I would like a second opinion," I admitted, spinning my laptop around to face him. "You know about my fake files, right?" I asked, and he nodded.

"Yes. Your father showed me that when I was shadowed him that one week," he said, and a small grin grew on my lips.

"I forgot you shadowed him," I commented, shaking my head lightly as the idea of a younger Hyunbin shadowing my father popped into my mind. I could just imagine my father being a sarcastic ass, in the most loving way possible, and absolutely scaring the shit out of Hyunbin, who must've been around my age now. "Well, my whole pile is gone," I said, and his eyes went wide.