Chapter 6

Amelia POV

    "No..." he muttered under his breath. "No, no no no no... Y-y-you can't ... you can't be her. You can't." he whispered, barely audible.

    "Jaehwan..." I said softly, taking a few steps, cautiously, towards him, but he started backing away.

    "No! Stay back!" he exclaimed, his voice cracking. I could tell by his tone that he was upset and beginning to panic. "Who are you?"

    "Jaehwan, it's me..."

    "No... No... No, you can't be her because she's DEAD! SHE'S DEAD AND SHE'S BEEN DEAD FOR 5 YEARS!"

    "Jaehwan, I'm so sorry..."

    "SHUT UP!" he yelled, shocking everyone. "Just SHUT UP! YOU ARE NOT MY SISTER SO SHUT UP!" suddenly, he burst into sobs, falling to his knees. "My sister died in an accident, along with my parents." he whispered, brokenly.

    My heart broke seeing my brother in so much pain, but I didn't know what to do. "Jaehwan, I swear, it really is me. It's me, Amelia. Your twin sister... your best friend..."

    He looked up at me, and I couldn't help but shrink back when I saw the rage in his eyes, despite the tears streaming down his face. "Don't say that!" he said, harshly. "My best friend wouldn't have let me believe she was dead for all these years!"

"I didn't want to..."

"Then WHY? WHY DID YOU DO IT?" he roared and all eyes fell on me. Some were angry, while some were sympathetic.

"Jaehwan, I really want to be able to tell you, believe me I do, but I just can't. Not yet." I said, my voice filled with regret. "I'm sorry. I promise I will one day, you just have to believe me." tears began slowly streaming down my face.

"Believe you?" he asked, incredulously.     "Believe you? How can I believe you when I can't even trust you?" he slowly stood up. "I was so broken when I found out that I not only lost my parents, but I lost my best friend as well. Not only had we been becoming distant from each other, which wasn't even my fault because I tried whatever I could to save our relationship, but then I found out you were dead and I realized I had lost my best friend forever. Did you ever stop to think about my feelings? I became depressed because of you! I... I tried to kill myself because of you!" a gasp escaped from my lips and my knees became weak. Ryan grabbed my arm, gently, before I could collapse. "I can't deal with this right now." he said and stormed out of the room, quickly followed by Minhyun and Woojin.

Everything was silent, except for the sob that escaped from me as my knees finally gave in, despite Ryan's support. I fell to the floor as realization hit me.

My brother hates me. He hates me, and I couldn't exactly blame him for it.

I felt a pair of arms wrap around me, and let out a gasp when the person spoke. I had thought it was Ryan comforting me, but I didn't recognize the voice.

"Shhh, it'll be ok. He's just upset, but he won't stay like this forever." the person whispered and I turned to face them, eyes widening when I realized it was Seongwoo. "Don't give up, ok? It'll take some time but he'll come around eventually. He's missed you a lot. The past few years have been rough for him."

I heard someone say "Why is hyung comforting her when she hurt Jaehwan hyung" and someone else said "Shut up, you don't know the full story."

"Ignore them" Seongwoo said quietly. If they knew, they would understand. It's not your fault, so don't go blaming yourself."

I looked up at him, shocked. "But you know?"

He grinned and my heart fluttered. "Of course. My last name should've given it away." he teased and it hit me.