Chapter 7

After Jaehwan and I returned, the dinner turned out to be really fun. At first, some of the members were wary of me, but they were quickly persuaded that I was ok, Jaehwan having been the leader of that conversation.

Carolyn had accidentally let it slip that my bias in the group was Ong Seongwoo, which resulted in a lot of teasing. Jaehwan had tried to act as the protective brother, but Seongwoo had easily charmed him, making him all flustered.

To get back at Carolyn, who looked just a bit too smug for my liking I may or may not have brought up her love for Woojin. Both teens flushed red, earning a laugh from the rest of the table.

The time had flown by, and it was nearing midnight when we asked for the check. As fun as it was hanging with the guys, it was obvious how tired all 11 of them were. They didn't want to part ways, especially Jihoon and Jaehwan, but we convinced them that they needed rest. It wasn't until we promised to meet up again that they finally agreed.

"Excuse me." a voice said quietly, and all our heads turned to face our waiter. He had been kind to us the whole night, and not to mention he was fluent in korean, which made the whole ordering process easier. He seemed really shy, but something felt weird. I felt like I had seen him before, but I couldn't quite remember. "Um, I'm really sorry, but I um..." he stuttered. "I'm a really huge fan of Jaehwan... I mean, I love all of you guys, but Jaehwan..." he trailed off and the Wanna One guys all nodded in understanding. "W-w-would it be alright if I got a quick picture with Jaehwan?"

My brother hopped out of his seat and positioned himself next to the waiter. "What is your name?"

"Mason." he said softly. "Choi Mason."

The name kept repeating over and over in my mind. Choi... Choi Mason... Where did I hear that name before? Mason... Mason Choi!

Realization hit me, but I was too late. When I looked back at the two, Mason Choi had my brother in a chokehold, aiming a gun at his head.

"Everyone on the floor, and maybe, just maybe, I won't blow his brains out." he ordered and everyone quickly obeyed, Seongwoo having pulled me down with the rest. "My my my, aren't you good at following directions." he laughed.

Jaehwan's face was filled with fear and he was shaking. "There's no reason for you to be afraid" Mason Choi told him. "I won't actually blow your brains out... well, let me rephrase that. I won't blow your brains out as long as they do exactly as I say." he motioned over to us with a smirk on his face.

I tried to grab my purse, but someone stopped me. I looked over at Seongwoo, who shook his head.

"What are you doing?" I hissed only loud enough for him to hear. "I need to save my brother!"

"It's too risky." he protested and I was about to argue when I felt something cold being slipped into my hand. I turned to face the boy on my other side, before glancing down to see a gun in my hand. Sungwoon, who had slid me the gun, nodded and I gripped it firmly.

I pushed myself up, ignoring the calls for me to sit back down, and aimed the gun at Mason Choi. "I suggest you let him go."

His smirk morphed into a devious smile. "Well look who finally decided to show her face? It's about goddamn time, Amelia Kim. I was beginning to despair."

"I don't have time for your bullshit, just let my brother go." I said and his smile grew wider.

My eyes met with Jaehwan's, which were filled with fear and panic.

"Stop" he mouthed. "You promised."

I ignored his silent pleas', and looked back at Mason Choi. I'm sorry Jaehwan, but I'm not leaving you alone. Not again.